How to get a bumper crop of cabbage

Cabbage is one of the favorite vegetables on the table. And fresh and in pieces, stewed and in pies. And Yes, pickled cabbage with boiled potatoes, but with onions seasoned with vegetable oil. What other foreign delicacies can compare with it?

Yes, many other recipes you can make with cabbage? But not everyone can grow sprouts in the area. Having failed, gardeners refuse to grow this wonderful culture.

For a long time I was raising cabbages as all the seedlings.

Yes, it was too troublesome thing was in a city apartment seedlings to grow: hot, dry, light is not enough, then the seedlings die, then stretched, "black leg" crippled. One word: mate.

I decided then cabbage seedlings in the garden to grow. In the greenhouse put the box with pre-prepared ground, sowed the seeds and covered with a covering material. Seedlings began to turn out to be surprisingly sturdy in comparison with urban pathetic lot. It seems to be possible and to calm down, yeah I really wanted to simplify this process even more. And then came across an article about growing cabbage and direct sowing into the ground. The way I modified.

And for several years cabbage I have growing up without a seedling.

Good precursors for the cabbage, — onions, cereals, legumes. Given this, it became immediately after harvesting the onion seed bed with a mixture of oats and Vicki (peas) with a small addition of Lupin. In the winter, further mulching the garden bed and covered with a covering material. This allows us not so much to freeze the ground in the garden, early in the spring to warm up.

In the spring, usually the second half of April, shoveling snow from the garden, if it is still there, remove the covering material, shovel the mulch to the side. Make holes to a depth of 7-10 cm and a diameter size plastic transparent bottles, put half a bottle in the hole and again return covering material in place. It would be good on top of another to hide the film. Usually by the end of April the soil in the garden warms up so that you can begin planting seeds. But, consider the conditions in your area, sowing can be moved in one direction or another!

Sow seeds on the bottom of the hole, after removing the halves of the bottles, 2-3 seeds (just in case), sprinkled with a mixture of soil and vermicompost, pre-Strait of the bottom of the wells with a solution of NV-101. In the hole again, put the half bottle, if you use the lower part, it is necessary to make holes to the seedlings suffocated. On top of the first puts the second half of the bottle of larger diameter holes.

It is a kind of mini greenhouse. The top bed is covered with two layers of covering material with a density of 40-60. We can only wait for germination, if the seeds all germinate, leaving one with a strong sprout, remove the rest. The growth of the plants pours of the earth, until it fills the whole hole. If the night temperature does not fall below 0°, you can remove the top half of the bottle and then the bottom, but covering material not removable.

To bed was not empty (until the cabbage is small), sow it early-maturing crops (radish, lettuce, borage). I have well established this combination: in the middle of the garden dill, and between plants of cabbage Bush beans. By the time the cabbage will occupy the whole bed, they will be removed.

Can offer another way, which is a variant of the first. The only difference is that the seeds are sown in the peat pill, then transplanted to soil, and the rest, all as in the first embodiment.

What do we get, growing cabbage this way?

Bypassing the stage of seedlings, where the root system is damaged (at swordplay and planting in the ground), plant of the cabbage increasing powerful tap root that finds water at great depths.

There's no need for frequent watering. Entering the place the cabbage adapts to the conditions of the future, his dwelling place. In the result grows a plant not exposed to diseases and attacks of pests. Further care is mulching, irrigation with herbal infusions with drugs "Glow" in the first half of the summer.

And another trick. All season my cabbage is under the covering material with a density of 30, to create the optimal microclimate for her and serves as an additional shelter from pests.published

Author: Suresh Khannanov

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.pervorod.ru/blogs/eto-interesno/ogorodnaya-barynya

Tags

See also

New and interesting