Tesla Model S proves to be reliable

With the passage of a number of crash tests car company Tesla just break the equipment. Now one of the models, Tesla Model S, showed their reliability in a very dangerous accident already in the field (literally).

The story began with the fact that 18-year-old girl picked up to ride an electric car to his father. As usual, she decided to bring friends (just 4 people), and he fancied himself a racer of "Formula-1", immediately taking huge pace (unfortunately, it is unknown what it was). Expected result: the driver lost control, the car flew off the roadway, and flying through the air 25 metres at speed crashed into the ground. The car flipped at least once. In the picture in the announcement is seen in what state was the electric car after the accident. Fortunately, none of the 5 people in the cabin, was killed.

Moreover, all were able to exit the vehicle on their own, without the help of outsiders. Yes, some injuries occurred, but there was no threat of life they represent. Young people are immediately sent by helicopter to the nearest hospital.

The car is very badly damaged, but the interior remained in good condition. One of the reasons that all survived — the lack of engine in front of the car, the electric motors Tesla Model S is much smaller than internal combustion engines, and located safe for passengers. If I had an accident a conventional car, the engine could enter the cabin after it hit the ground, and if not to kill, to break the limbs of those who is inside. In addition, the interior of the Tesla is reinforced to protect passengers during an accident.

Thus, the front part of the car has played the role of deformation zones, taking the blow and absorbing the impact energy.

If you want to see where it left the car and gone dark, here is a picture:

Conclusion as such, but probably the girl's father, despite the likely dissatisfaction with their child, I am very happy that I bought it the electric car from Tesla Motors, and not any other car.

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: geektimes.ru/post/275458/

Tags

See also

New and interesting