Out-of-battery-electric car BMW i3 will get a second life

BMW and the German company Beck Automation has announced a new initiative involving the use of battery packs of the electric vehicle BMW i3 as household power sources.

Recall that the BMW i3 is the first BMW production car, producing no toxic emissions into the atmosphere. The machine in the original version equipped with a motor capacity of 170 HP, working from a block of lithium-ion battery capacity of 22 kWh. Recently debuted an improved version of the electric car with battery pack 33 kWh.

BMW and Beck Automation allows you to integrate battery modules electric BMW i3 in a network of households or commercial buildings. This will allow you to breathe new life into batteries that worked his life in the composition of electric vehicles. Although the stresses that apply in the home network can be a brand-new battery packs.

The batteries can be connected to the solar panels for storing energy in the daytime and feed at night. Households and business users will also have the opportunity to switch to battery power during periods of peak load on the grid when the tariffs are maximum.

It should be noted that similar initiatives had already made by other manufacturers. The first company was Tesla Motors. Then her example was followed by Mercedes-Benz and Nissan. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.3dnews.ru/935026

Tags

See also

New and interesting