How to understand what I want to do

Many successful people did not immediately understand what I want to do in life. Fortunately for you and for all those who, like you, is at a crossroads — a few simple steps will help you to stay calm and find a job you'll love.

1. Take a deep breath and realize that everything is in order

Understand that the way to a dream career may be winding, said Ryan Kahn, a career coach, founder of The Hired Group, and Creator of video course "How to get a job" (How to Get Hired). It is important that you are moving in the right direction. "You may find that the process of finding a career more exciting than the result," says Kahn. If this advice doesn't resonate with you, pay attention to success stories that came not at once. Julia child couldn't cook, when exchanged fourth ten, and his first cookbook she wrote when she was 50. In 29 years, Jon Hamm worked as a waiter and still didn't get the part of the advertiser-Lovelace in the successful series.

2. Succumb to uncertainty

Deepak Chopra, noted author and founder of the Chopra Foundation, expresses in his page in LinkedIn that at a young age is not able to evaluate the wisdom of uncertainty: "At the beginning of my medical career, I was sure that's where you're going. At the same time, I did not consider the uncertainty of life and did not understand what uncertainty can do to a person. If only I'd know then what I know now is that uncertainty accompanies wisdom — it opens the door to the unknown because the unknown life is constantly updated."

3. Experiment

It seems that to follow their passions — a great idea, but if you don't know exactly what are these Hobbies, there are difficulties. Ivanka trump recently told Business Insider that the most reliable way to understand what you like is to try new things, to think less and do more. "Soul-searching will not help you to understand what attracts you," she explains. "We need time and experience to understand what you have light up eyes." This means that after you pay attention to potentially interesting for your area — try yourself in them, regardless of the internship or employment.

4. Make a list of what you like and don't like

"Write workloads and characteristics that attract or repel you," says Kahn. Different careers suit different personality types. For example, do you like to communicate with people, to think abstractly, to work independently and to rely more on the brain than feelings? Maybe you will fit the career of a reporter. How to choose the ideal profession Write down what you think is the most important aspect of the work. What are you worried about: salary, status or working tasks? What more you want a particular job or industry? Don't forget to manage this list in your job search to filter for interesting jobs and jobs that do not waste your time.

5. Mention your strengths

Ask yourself: "What are my skills? What are the strong traits of my personality? What I do best?". "Pay attention to where you would be able to show their strengths," says Kahn.

6. Think about what kind of working environment you are interested

Any lectures you liked in high school: streaming or the ones where there were a few students? What you had with group projects or individual assignments? This will help to understand what type of company you prefer. If you feel comfortable in lectures, where there were many people, perhaps you could work in the Corporation. If you liked the workshops for the elite, you can approach work in a startup. In addition, there is opportunity to work in a small group working for a large company. Consider also whether you prefer to work independently or under supervision.

7. Use Dating

Communication with someone who works for you in an interesting sphere is a priceless opportunity. Ask your friends, family, family friends, teachers, classmates — anyone can reach, — that they helped you reach such a person and make a simple informational interview. Absorb all possible information about what this man does, what he prefers, what steps you've taken to start working. Listen to any advice he can give you.

8. Rate your education

Maybe you are interested in obtaining a new skill, or will require additional training or education if not now, then in the future — said Kahn. About 1,855 million students annually receive a bachelor's degree, so it makes sense to take care to stand out against this background. Who will be in demand in 2020 Look for opportunities training, online courses, seminars or even graduate schools, if they will help you to stand out among competitors or learn a new area of interest. The development of the skills necessary for a certain job, will help you understand how you at all interested in this sphere of activity.

12 mysterious cycles of human life

The only important wish...

9. Rate your experience

Kahn recommends: consider what you can offer, based on my experience and on what level you are at in your area of interest. If you are interested in the vacancy of coordinator or Manager, you can try to start with the wizard. Puzzle your way to the desired position.published

Source: ru.insider.pro/lifestyle/2016-08-29/kak-ponyat-chem-hochesh-zanimatsya/

Tags

See also

New and interesting