"Famous Vegetarians - Forest Whitaker"

The track record of the famous film director, producer and winner of an Academy Award actor Forest Whitaker -. A mile

Forest became classics debuted in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High» (Fast Times at Ridgemont High) in 1982,
was nominated for a Golden Globe and won the title of Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival for her role in "Bird» (Bird) in 1988, and also took film hits "Waiting to Exhale» (Waiting to Exhale) and "A glimmer of hope» (Hope Floats).

In addition, he played Ugandan dictator - one of the main roles - in "The Last King of Scotland» (The Last King of Scotland), for which he received an Academy Award for Best Actor

. But there is something about that Forest majority of his fans may not know: it is - a vegetarian.

Recently, Forrest and his daughter True (True) teamed up with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals),
to write an appeal urging people
try a healthy and humane vegetarian diet.

"In a life full of alternatives, and many years ago I decided to become a vegetarian.
This - the best choice made by me ", - says Forest.

He calls a lot of reasons for the transition to vegetarianism: health promotion (vegetarian diet will help you lose weight and avoid problems such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, some types of cancer); help the environment; and a reluctance to eat animals.

The daughter of actor, Tru, calls its own reason for which said "no" meat:
"I love animals," - she says

. It is hard to think of a better reason than this!

Tags

See also

New and interesting