Peter Thwaites - winner of the prestigious director's award 2008

Directors Guild Of America presented its annual award. The nomination was her Commercials director Peter Thwaites of Gorgeous Enterprises .Vpervye nominated for one of the most prestigious awards of director Peter Thwaites bypassed recognized geniuses such as the advertising directing Fredrik Bond, David Fincher, Tom Kuntz and Rupert Sanders.
DGA jury appreciated the work of Peter above the rollers «Waterslide» for Barclaycard and «Light Show» for Guinness.
Peter Thwaites - not the most famous name in advertising. He is always in the shadow of his more famous colleagues Gorgeous Enterprises, Frank Budge and Chris Palmer, but in its portfolio more than a decent amount of work that we know and appreciate. For example, video Mayfly for Vodafone.
Peter, who is now 44 years old, began to shoot videos in the late '90s and has been doing this 10 years, year after year marked by several rollers of the highest quality, receiving awards at festivals for direction.

Before that, he spent several years working in the advertising industry operator. The turning point in his career, the time when he ceased to be a rookie and was able to stand out among the many directors, Peter said in 2000 - nine years ago, he was invited in his own Productions Frank Baggio.

Issue Boards interviewed unexpected winner DGA Awards, costing a great Fincher and three representatives MJZ and break a three-year series of victories of directors Productions.

- It looks like you did not expect to win, but why? i>
- It was the first time I've even been nominated for this award - it's great by itself. I asked myself before the announcement of the results, I get nervous? And he said to himself: "Why should I be nervous if I'm not even going to win. But more dramatic was the moment when my name was called.

- If you could write your speech today, what would you say? In a nutshell. I>
- "Being awarded your choice - it's as good as there is." And then, despite the fact that I wrote something clever, modest and generous, I would start to get nervous and hopeless would have done exactly the same thing that I did that night. Most likely so.

- How did you feel after winning his first nomination? i>
- I seem to hover above the ground, unreal feeling. Indeed excellent.

- How was 2008 in your opinion? i>
- Work in which I was involved in this year was definitely worthwhile, because it required the continuous and all the developing cooperation with all who have been involved in the process - especially with the creative team of the agency. But also with people from the post-house and technical team, which was a pleasure to work. Positive creative partnership - this is the best part of my job, so when it works so well, it's just fine.

- What a movie of those are working this year, your favorite? i>
- I think I'll call Barclaycard, which we did with the BBH London. Because it was so difficult, and depended on the efforts of so many people and their cooperation with each other.

- What is the reward DGA? It is hard? I>
- It is a hard embossed plate. And she has magic powers. I now have X-ray vision.

- What are you working on now? i>

- I've got a great spot for Drench by agency CHI & Partners. And I'd better make it good, and the guys from the DGA change their minds and want to take away my plate.

via # image3463555

Tags

See also

New and interesting