Perfect Storm

The musicians were lucky that it was this man to create covers for their albums. They shikarny.Imya Storm Torgerson known to every music lover. How is it that without the work of this photographer, designer and artist can not imagine the musical culture of the second half of the XX century? Simply, he actually re-invented as a general can make out the plate.

His studio Hipgnosis to create covers for famous rock bands: Led Zeppelin, Cranberries, 10ss, AC / DC, Black Sabbath, Muse. But the famous Storm covers for the legendary band Pink Floyd, with the participants of which he was a friend since childhood.

Torgerson allowed himself to go against the rules and fashion, was not afraid to enter into a debate with the giants of the industry. His fearlessness combined with a real talent gave the world brilliant images that forever in the culture.

February 28 Storm Torgerson would have turned 70 years old. And we in the Website selected the best works of this genius, which can be considered infinite.

Pink Floyd, album «Tree Of Half Life», 1997

"I love to play pranks with reality, distort reality. Some of my works are puzzling question - this is real or not? ».

Pink Floyd, album «Delicate Sound of Thunder», 1988.

Pink Floyd, album «Division Bell - Stone Heads», 1994.

Pink Floyd, the album «A Momentary Lapse of Reason», 1987.

His whimsical collages Storm Torgerson created using glue and scissors, long before the advent of Photoshop. He has not changed his method, and after the service covers the designers came computer graphics. When asked why he piles up hundreds of beds on the beach, instead of simply multiply the monitor one single, he just threw up his hands and said: "Because I am allowed to do it».

Cranberries, album «Wake Up and Smell The Coffee», 2001.

Cranberries, album «Bury the Hatchet», 1999.

Muse, the album «Absolution», 2003.

Pink Floyd «Beach Catalogue», 2009.

Pink Floyd, album «Dark Side of the Moon», 1973.

"It's a beautiful and simple idea. Refraction of sunlight we see all around us, for example, in the rainbow. I'd be happy to say that it is my invention, but, unfortunately, it is not mine! ».

Muse, single «Uprising», 2009.

The Chakras, the album «Build me a swan», 2011.

Biffy Clyro, the album «Puzzle», 2007.

10cc, album «Deceptive Bends», 1977.

Pink Floyd, album «Wish You Were Here», 1975.

Strawbs, album «Deadline», 2012.

Biffy Clyro, the album «Opposites», 2013.

Biffy Clyro, the album «Only Revolutions», 2009.

Thornley, the album «Tiny Pictures», 2009.

Pendulum, single «The Island», 2010.

Deepest Blue, the album «Waves», 2004.

Led Zeppelin, the album «Houses of the Holy», 1973.

10cc, album «Look Hear?», 1980.

Disco Biscuits, album «Planet Anthem», 2010.

Poster for the 30th anniversary of the band Pink Floyd, 2004.

Photos: stormthorgerson.com

via www.stormthorgerson.com/

Tags

See also

New and interesting