The future of books

So ordinary Moscow apartment in 2018.

- Dad, can I accept a gift card with your 99 bucks? For a book you have to pay.
- And what kind of book?
- Well, this one. Dostoevsky. "Crime and Punishment».
- So why buy. We also have.
- Yes? And in what file?
- And here the files. Here he is, standing on the shelf ...
- Fu-yyy. This is a paper book!
- So what? Well I was your age it read.
- At your age, your age ... There's no search. How do you think, will find quotes? Audio support is not here. Animated images are not. Only the text in which even the font and can not be changed ... You what? I was also at school laughed at everything! Himself a read.
- Okay. Here, take the DVD. Fifteen years ago bought.
- What? DVD? And what I have this antiques, do you think, to read? In his hand over the Polytechnic Museum. I like you more puncher with Dostoevsky Offer!
- If you're so smart, look for the network itself, but download free then.
- Free download book !?
- Well yes. And what else? In Dostoyevsky's book after so many years not covered by copyright ... Surely, somewhere it is.
- What are you, Dad! It may have, at the beginning of the century, all free then you can download. Have not you heard that for five years, as the copyrights to all the books ever given to the American Association of Publishers of Books. Or do you want to me as a member of the sect Dmitry Sklyarov jailed for life planted?
- So, Dostoevsky is not American! And here American publishers.
- And who cares? You, Dad, is not the case antiglobalist?
- No, you! Well, son, I'm sorry, almost $ 100 to spend for a file. Well, better to ask classmates to give this file. They somehow have the exact same. And then you tell them your any file you will give.
- Yeah! If they give me their Dostoevsky, then where will I read it?
- I mean, "where"? They're your copy at home, and you're here my.
- Well, you're quite behind. The book can be read only from the computer from which you bought it. Yes, and there is another code polarization will ... In short, Dad, give me the money! I buy myself a normal book.
- Okay. Here's a one-time password to withdraw 99 dollars from our account. In our time, $ 100 was a lot of money.
- OK. I downloaded. Thanks.
- Come on, and let me see ... Hey, son, what is this picture? This seems to be in the novel was not ...
- Duc, the same banners. Without banners book worth 699 bucks.

Open the file was gay flashing advertisement: «Axe Proffessional, 2018 - modern laser-sharpened axes"; "Beauty Salon" In Lizanka '- we will not let you turn into an old woman "; "Crucify problem? Psychological service trust 'Porphyry' '; "Crediting, we cash out. Low interest rates "; «RASKOLNIKOFF.COM - old women in a playful call anywhere in the world» ...

- Listen, my son, and it is the text of the novel is not seen? Wait what-if necessary while banners disappear?
- Well, you're like the moon fell! One hundred years of waiting will. The text also need to read through polarized glasses. Without glasses only advertising visible!
- And what is more?
- Like what? To no one except to pay could not read the book! Estimate, if I bought the book, and someone did not buy, my shoulder could also read it ...
- Stupidity any. Well, if I, too, would put glasses?
- Ha, well, you give! The file is set up only for my glasses. On the other other code polarization glasses.
- Okay, well, let me your glasses. I see a book through them.
- How do you look? They're on your retina is not identified. You have nothing in them except the message that you put on the wrong glasses, you will not see! Okay, Dad, do not bother me with your nonsense! I need a license is not over, quickly read everything, otherwise it will be necessary either to extend the lease of the file or book itself is destroyed. Do not bother, I'm reading ...

3 hours later.

- Ufff! Well, everything. I have read!
- How did it read? "Crime and Punishment" in three hours ?!
- Well yes. I will read everything would be if the commercial breaks every half hour would not be.
- I still do not believe it! Who is, for example, Svidrigailov?
- Someone who?
- Ahh, everything is clear. Who is Luzhin? Who is Sonia Marmeladova?
- Wow! How do I know! Well I read the Home Edition. I only have about how Raskolnikov killed the old woman with an ax, and then gave himself up. About all the rest have to buy the Professional version, or even Enterprise Edition. We also do not have much money.
- Yeah, well, for crying out loud, where the world is heading!
- Scat already. Fifteen years ago, I had to think, if not even earlier ...

© Stas Kozlowski

See also e:
A candle burned
That's the woman

via www.adme.ru/vdohnovenie-919705/v-etom-vsya-zhenschina-534305/

Tags

See also

New and interesting