The site was a compilation of myths about baleen-tailed our pets. Some of these myths - just stupid, and some - may even be dangerous. Take care of your furry friends! < 1. Cats treated themselves, licking wounds. small wounds and scratches can let the cat lick long, it disinfects them and promotes healing. If the wound is extensive or licking too aggressively, it can enhance and even deepen it. The rough surface of the cat's tongue like sandpaper, tears off the top layers of the skin, slowing the healing. 2. Cats maintain balance with the mustache. Mustache (vibriscy) in cats - the organs of touch, and balance they did not have any relation.
3. Cat and dog - enemies. Tales of the eternal enmity cats and dogs are unfounded. Simply, they speak different languages, often mutually understanding each other. Sometimes there are animals with a strong hunting instinct or overly aggressive, some people specially set against their dogs to cats. However, living in the same household animals get along well with each other, and some peace-loving sociable dogs are ready to be friends with all the cats in the world.
4. Cats can see in the dark, as in the afternoon. Another common misconception. In fact cats see in the dark a little better than people (because they have eyes, but not lights). But! The fact is that cats are natural hunters! What we call a mustache, is the cat whiskers, located not only on the whisker pads, but also on the eyebrows, cheeks, legs. And ears open to hear all th! It is their locating device, by which they accurately identify the location of the object. In addition, even in the daytime vision of cats is not perfect. Unfortunately, our pets suffer from farsightedness and often do not notice what is going on under their noses. For example, a bowl of food they determine by smell. By the way, sniffing for food, they merely want to know its temperature, not the taste.
5. If the cat does not walk in the street, she can not get sick. The causative agents of dangerous diseases can get into an apartment on clothing and footwear hosts, as well as through contaminated unsound food for cats.
6. After sterilization, the cats become fat and lazy. Rather, they have become more accommodating and quiet that some people take for laziness. In fact, any cat - and castrated, and natural - sleeping in the day is less than 18 hours. And in the winter, and day and night at all fast asleep, getting up only to eat. Cat to feel like a normal cat in the prime of life, requires the constant presence of two cats "in the hunt." It can not provide it - castrated.
7. Cats always land on their feet painlessly. Domestic cats - excellent acrobats and instinct helps falling cat to land on their feet. At first, she turns her head and front paws, then a tail wheel - the rear part of the body. Thus, all four legs are directed towards the ground. However, this does not mean that the cat is not invulnerable, and feels pain. Falling from a great height often leads to bone fractures, and the animal may even fell to his death.
8. Siamese cats are aggressive in fact, no more than all other breeds. Only a person of his ill-treatment and lack of understanding can make an animal aggressive. Siamese cats are just very jumpy and temperamental, brighter than others express their emotions. Yes, and they have a loud voice (but not the loudest of all, it is also misleading, sphinxes, for example, roaring so that the rest Siamese).
9. Cats are insidious and behave badly in spite of their owners. Behavior Problems commonly associated with stress. Cats are very sensitive to changes in the daily routine of the host, for the repair and family quarrels. This causes them stress and depression. Behavioral problems can also be caused by various diseases. If the cat begins to make its case is not specifically designated areas, it can have kidney disease.
10. Cats need the fish. This myth is reflected in the composition of ready-made cat food, many of them include as a component of fish. Have you ever seen a dog food with fish? I think not - dogs do not need a fish. I do not need it, and cats. This myth is under a scientific basis. As already mentioned, the cats need taurine and vitamin A, and fish products - a good source of both. However, many meat products contain enough taurine and vitamin A, so the belief that cats definitely need a fish properly.