At first glance, this is a common wedding, but after reading, you will realize that you were wrong!

The love story of Rodney and Linsey is beautiful, but very sad. They met when both were struggling with a terrible disease - cancer. Their romance is not like the others.

Rodney Conradi and Linsey Rainford met in 2010, the year the clinic Ronald McDonald House in Seattle, where he was treated, aimed at combating cancer. At nineteen, Rodney was a rare form of the disease that causes bone tumors - Ewing's sarcoma. At twenty Linsey - leukemia - a cancer of the blood.

They began dating in 2011, the year. Linsi was in remission after chemotherapy, and Rodney seemed to have crossed the line. «We planned to live together and finally live a normal life», i> - says Linsey. «We have never really been a normal relationship: for as long as we were together, or some one of us was sick, or we both immediately». i>

The 2011th Rodney condition worsened. He went to the hospital for treatment Yakima Valley. Rodney knew he was not too long from now, so do not want to lose time. Valentine's Day in 2012, the year he made the Lincy offer. «He was very sick, and sick», i> - says Linsey. «Therefore, this event has acquired special importance: even though the illness, he wanted everything went properly». i>

They were married in the hospital Yakima Valley 16 February 2012. - two days after Rodney did Linsey offer. Rodney barely stand on his feet, he walked down the aisle with a package for home infusion. «He had a goal: to marry this girl during that whatever the cost, before death comes», i> - says the father of Rodney Kirk Conradi. «It is - the love of my life, we had kindred spirits». i>

The first night after the wedding Rodney pain became unbearable, and he was given a sedative. Most of the time after that, he was unconscious, waking from time to time with thoughts about how he is happy that finally married her whom he loved more than life itself.

A month after the wedding, on March 11 of 2012, Rodney Conradi died. He was only 21 years old. His family and his wife was beside him. «They wanted this, and nothing could stop them, despite the fact that it was very painful», i> - says Rodney's sister, Emily Conrad. «Power of Love was enough to overcome everything». i>

«It was the best wedding, which could only be me», i> - says Linsey. «Was there something magical». i>

In love, everything can not be perfect, but still worth fighting for it. Share this story with others!

www.yakimaherald.com/stories/2012/03/10/21-year-old-cancer-patient-rodney-conradi-dies

Tags

See also

New and interesting