Review DEXP Ixion Energy: flagship smartphone with a record in the battery 5000 mAh, and the Power Bank'a

Typically, smartphones with powerful batteries do not differ much especially notable characteristics: it is quite plain, thick and weighty machines from entry-level hardware. On such devices, and to say nothing special - mediocre middle class model (if not the entry level), perhaps with a single chip - a powerful battery. However, some "long-playing" smart phones still manages to stand out from the gray mass of miserable. For example, the hero of today's material - DEXP Ixion Energy. The fact that this model could be described as the flagship. The gadget is equipped with a 5-inch Full HD-TV with protection glass Gorilla Glass 3 (USA), nimble eight cores, really high-quality 13-megapixel camera from Sony and powerful battery to 5000 mAh. It is, in fact, a record for the market, not counting all the other models from the same DEXP: Ixion ML2 5 '' with the battery at 5200 mAh.

In all of this DEXP Ixion Energy is an attractive design and a relatively small thickness of the housing - only 10 mm. In general, you are welcome under the cut.

Specifications
Display
5-inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels, IPS + OGS, glass Gorilla Glass 3 (US)
Processor
MediaTek MT6592T, 8 cores, 2 GHz
Video nucleus
Mali-450MP4
Memory
2GB
Built-in Memory
16GB
Memory Card Support
there, microSDHC up to 64 GB
The operating system
Android 4.4 KitKat
Cameras
Summary - 13 megapixel (Sony Exmor IMX214), front - 5 megapixel
Ports
microUSB, audio 3, 5 mm
Wireless interfaces
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3G
The number of SIM-cards
Battery
5000 mAh
Dimensions, weight
145 x 73 x 10 mm, 160 g
Price
14 990 rubles
briefly about the brand DEXP
The company leaves the holding DEXP DNS. It also includes a retail network DNS, where smartphones DEXP in the ground and sold. Network DNS recites 1200 stores in 420 Russian cities. Smartphones DEXP it sells virtually without the usual markups to retailers, so they are cheaper than competitors with similar spec at 15-20 percent. The market DEXP mark since 1998. Now it has a portfolio of smartphones, tablets, TVs, laptops, PCs and computer peripherals - more than 20 categories of products and accessories. Personally, I (personally to me!) The most interesting seem to just smartphones, and above all - smartphones with powerful batteries. DEXP whom have as many as 10 pieces. DEXP Ixion Energy - the flagship of the "long-playing" line. Sin, as they say, do not test.

Options
DEXP Ixion Energy comes in a box entirely familiar dimensions - it is about the same as in most smartphones. Packaging designed in corporate colors DEXP: black and blue. Cardboard tight, so you can not worry about what the device will be damaged during transport.

As for equipment, it is slightly wider than the other models range DEXP Ixion. In this same line, by the way, as many as 10 vehicles with large batteries. And she is the only one in the Russian market. Details, for example, here in this digest )

Thus, the box is very smart phone, the charger (includes AC adapter and cable USB-microUSB), OTG-cable (for connecting to the smartphone devices with USB-interface), high quality silicone case-pad, protective film on the screen, a user manual and warranty card. In general, there is everything you need, and even a little more. The same bag of such quality for other smartphones in retail is about 1 000, as in the case of DEXP Ixion Energy, he goes free. A trifle, but nice.

I should add that OTG-cable allows you to connect not only to DEXP Ixion Energy other devices, but also to recharge them. Those smartphones, tablets, iPods, and so on down the list. In principle, it is quite logical, given the powerful battery of the smartphone - at 5000 mAh.

Design
As I said, DEXP Ixion Energy does not look massive and clumsy - unlike the vast majority of the "long-playing" smart phones. The device is roughly the same size as ordinary (without powerful batteries) 5-inch Android-backgrounds: 145 x 73 x 10 mm, 160 g

DEXP Ixion Energy currently looks quite attractive. Raid cost, which is noticeable in other (cheaper) LPs smartphones DEXP, here and there is no trace. The rear panel of the device is made of plastic, it is under the skin is finished with imitation stitching on the perimeter. Something similar can be seen in some smartphones and tablets Samsung. The ends DEXP Ixion Energy fringes the silver frame.

"Leather" backdrop DEXP Ixion Energy currently located on the main camera, LED-flash, brand logo and a slot under which hides a media speaker. Its volume is quite high, but the high purity of sound it is no different. However, in a hoarse and can not say.

Above the screen are the earpiece, front camera and two sensors: light and proximity. Android does not control keys on the screen began to make what I think is an advantage. The buttons at the bottom of the front panel, and do not take up valuable display area.

At the top end of the device is a microUSB-port, and 3, 5-mm jack for headphones or a wired headset.

Volume rocker is located on the right side DEXP Ixion Energy, a power button - on the left. Usually the opposite is true smartphones, and then the button for some reason decided to "mirror your." Why, why - I do not know. Over time, this arrangement, however, get used to it. And one more thing, this time positive: the keys slightly protrude from the body, so they are easy to find. The buttons have a clear course and emit a distinctive click when pressed.

Under the rear lid - slots for SIM-cards, MicroSD flash card and, of course, a gigantic battery at 5000 mAh. She, by the way, is made permanent, that there is an obvious minus.

Finally, I note the high quality of the assembly DEXP Ixion Energy. All the body parts fit tightly to each other. No large gaps, there is uneven joints or burrs on the plastic. When screw torsion (with a reasonable effort, of course) does not emit squeaks gadget and do not play, and when you click on the rear panel of the latter does not bend to the battery. In general, it feels quite a decent standard of build quality.

Screen
Display DEXP Ixion Energy left a good impression, here at nothing to complain about. The smartphone uses a 5-inch IPS + OGS-matrix with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The picture is sharp, no individual pixels you can not even make out a detailed study of the pictures. Judge for yourself: the density of dots per inch is 441 ppi.

C the other parameters of the screen DEXP Ixion Energy is also in order. Thanks to OGS (no air gaps between the components of the display) if the image is on the surface of the front panel of the smartphone. And IPS technology provides the widest viewing angles, full color and a decent supply of brightness. The screen is really good, it is not only pleasant to surf or play, but also view photos and videos.

Protects the display DEXP Ixion Energy American glass Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with quality oleophobic coating. So those rare prints that appear on it, easily erased almost any tissue or a dry hand.

Here I add that the display DEXP Ixion Energy capacitive touchscreen with a "multitouch". The screen is capable of handling up to 10 simultaneous key presses, which in Russian smartphones local brands I do not never seen (they usually have either 5 or even 2). Although, frankly, I can not imagine a situation where I need to click on the display at once ten fingers.

Operating system
DEXP Ixion Energy is running is not the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. This is probably a minus: 5.0 I would like, and then there is the 5.1 ... I can not say that 4.4.2 had time to become obsolete, but I somehow got used to Material Design, that the previous version of the "robot" with the previous generation interfaces to perceive difficulty.

The interface looks like a standard operating system: the fact that the developers DEXP Ixion Energy did not make it any specific changes and decide not to use or shell launchers.

From the pre-installed applications can be noted convenient "reader» FBReader, navigation program «2GIS», flashlight, mobile services of "Yandex" and others.

Hardware platform
DEXP Ixion Energy based on the chipset MediaTek MT6592T, which includes eight cores Cortex-A7 (all cores can run at the same time) with speeds up to 2 GHz and a graphics accelerator Mali-450MP4. Additionally, 2 GB of RAM. I think we should not talk about that with the iron on board the smartphone works very, very fast. Yes, MT6592T - is today already the solution of the previous generation, but it is less of it did not.

I was unable to make DEXP Ixion Energy «thought." The unit quickly launch any application. Cool video even in the 4K-resolution and allows you to set the maximum graphics settings in the modern three-dimensional games. Last go without any problems. To confirm his words suggest a few screenshots of the games and the results of the performance tests.

Actually, the benchmarks:

Actually, toys:

To install applications and data storage provides 16 GB of internal memory. By and large, this is enough for comfortable use smartphone. However, the developers are also equipped with a gadget slot for memory cards (format microSD). It supports flash drive up to 64GB.

Also worth mentioning is the presence of modules Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. All of them work correctly when testing is no problem, I have not discovered. Even GPS - and the normal functions. What is not always the case with smartphones chipsets MediaTek, famous for thoughtfulness in the navigation ...

DEXP Ixion Energy belongs to the class "dvuhsimochnik", ie supports two SIM-cards. As for the radio module, the smartphone it alone (as in most "dvuhsimochnik" on Android). That is, while on the second one card is out of range, and in standby mode are active both SIM-card. The quality of communication ... Well, normal quality. No worse and no better than elsewhere. With any problems with making calls and the reception I encountered.

Autonomy
One battery charge DEXP Ixion Energy lasts about 4 days of the smartphone as usual. Let me remind you, the gadget is equipped with a non-removable battery at 5000 mAh. If specific tasks unit showed the following results:

- Internet surfing - 11-12 hours;
- Watching videos in HD-resolution - 10-11 hours;
- Modern games - more than 7 hours.

I believe that this is a very good performance, especially considering the powerful 8-core "hardware" and Full HD-screen. Also do not forget that from DEXP Ixion Energy can recharge other devices, this complete with a smartphone is OTG-cable.

Camera
DEXP Ixion Energy is equipped with a 13-megapixel camera on the Japanese Sony - Exmor IMX214. Auto focus, of course, is, and fast. The main camera takes pictures of sufficient quality - I did not expect to see these results in the case of a smartphone from a local brand (clickable).

The front camera DEXP Ixion Energy has a resolution of 5 megapixels and is quite capable of dealing not only with video calls, but also with self-portraits. Sorry, I do without examples I humbly.

Conclusion
Flagship Do DEXP get? Yes, although with the notes, as they say. The chipset is not the freshest, but powerful. Android 4.4, rather than 5.0 / 5.1. However, personally, I agree to put up with the drawbacks, if you remember about the battery as much as 5000 mAh battery that provides up to 4 in the reality of the present days full avtonomki. And I always thought that the more important avtonomka other buns. Here at DEXP Ixion Energy just with avtonomkoy no problem. And I know the strange companions, which produce 5-inch smartphone with Full HD and MT6592T, as well as batteries at 2200 mAh (for example, Highscreen Hercules). This is ridiculous! DEXP Ixion Energy against this outrage does not cause any laughter - except respect. If you make a battery out of the brackets, we obtain the already high-quality nice machine. With thoroughbred camera (Sony, Japan) and the coating of the screen (Gorilla Glass 3, United States). If I was not a fan of iOS and not expected to iPhone 6s, then, perhaps, I would have taken. His 14,990 rubles DEXP very стоит.

Source: geektimes.ru/company/dexp/blog/261288/

Tags

See also

New and interesting