He was director of a trillion. And he quit when daughter revealed to him that he had missed ...

Many people dream of becoming rich and successful. People think that the welfare change their lives for the better, but there is a downside.

For instance, Mohamed El Erian, CEO of investment company «Pimco» - one of the largest investors in the world, retired to learn that because of continued employment on the job he has missed a lot in the life of his daughter.

10-year-old girl has compiled a list of 22 important moments of his life, which took place without the presence of her father and presented him Mohammed. There was everything from the first football match and ending with school holidays.

Inside the men all turned: «It was like a wake-up call. I felt terrible and went on the defensive - I had so many important excuses about each missed event! Travel, important meetings, urgent phone calls ... But then I realized that, actually, I missed the far more important event ». I>

After the dismissal of Mohammed took less profitable and responsible position, which, however, allows him to spend more time with her daughter.

«Now my wife and daughter together wake up in the morning, prepare her breakfast and took them to school. I have become much more likely to personally pick her up from school. We talk a lot, and she shares with me secret. We even planned a vacation together - only she and I », i> - divided Mohammed.

Mohamed El Erian - not only a successful businessman, who sacrificed career for family. For example, Max Shireson, former director of «MongoDB», took a similar decision and left the influential post for the sake of their child.

In any case, I think these people are on the right track. Of course, all parents are, mainly, for the sake of their children, because everyone wants to provide your child a brighter future. But do not forget that no amount of money can not replace a simple parental care and attention.

Share this article with your friends, because everyone should think about this issue.

time.com/3432717/ceo-of-trillion-dollar-company-resigned-after-his-daughter-told-him-how-much-he-has-missed/

Tags

See also

New and interesting