Dogs in courtrooms: four-psychologists with whom all fear behind.

Giving evidence in court is always difficult and unpleasant. People have to remember the terrible things that they have experienced or witnessed by. It is especially difficult to act against the defendants account for children and victims of violence. They say that sometimes the interviewees not to get even greater psychological trauma during the process may be in a separate room. But even this option is not always helps to relieve tension in the testimony against the accused.

Over the question of how to avoid the emotional trials of victims, get an accurate reading and just to punish the guilty, thinking representatives of the non-profit organization Courthouse dogs Ellen O'Neill Stephens and Celeste Wolsey. They offer the perfect solution: the courtroom witness can soothe agitated, for example, the dog.

« When a person comes to testify in court and talk about traumatic events to which he was, he was going through physiological sensations similar to those experienced during a bad moment i> », - says O'Neill. - And this struggle that takes place in the courtroom between the prosecutor and witnesses, sometimes rather stiff and hurts. Many people pass through this painful i> ». B>

Organization Courthouse dogs was founded in 2004 and today 87 dogs are 28 US states. Among them mostly Labradors and golden retrievers. B>

The Courthouse dogs are not ordinary and specially trained dogs.

Their training lasts for almost two years.

« Dogs help any vulnerable witnesses feel more confident during the story about what happened i>».

« Helping dogs can and adult victims of rape, and family members who have lost, for example, the child i>».

Ellen adds: « I used to think that it is necessary to force the witnesses to feel anxiety and inconvenience. But now I say to the judges that such an approach does not work i> ». B>

« I believe that revolutionary practice with dogs will develop even more i>».

Look how everything is really going on.

If it does work, then you need an idea to promote to the masses. And what opinion you and your friends? Share this post - we would be interested to know!

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting