Traveled the US hitchhiking robot died in Philadelphia

Call me hitch van BOT, I've been invited to the Netherlands by Concordia Film | Theater | Expositie for an arts and culture vacation starting on June 6. Follow along here and on www.hitchbot.me, Facebook and Twitter! A photo posted byhitchbot on Jun 1, 2015 at 6:08 am PDT blockquote>
 Project robot hitchhiker hitchBOT , launched by sociologists, students and several teachers from the University of Toronto (Canada) не endured harsh conditions American . The robot traveled only two weeks, died at the hands of vandals in the streets of Philadelphia. It is noteworthy that in the past his travels in similar projects successfully robot пересёк Canada , Germany and the Netherlands.

Robot hitchBOT has a cylindrical body and a non-functional similarity of the arms and legs. Instead, he heads the LED screen. He knows how to communicate - through the dynamics of approaching people, he explains the purpose of his trip and has a microphone for speech recognition and discussions on technology CleverScript , which recently I tried to pass the Turing test.

In the experiment, different, not familiar with the project people were supposed to help the robot to get to its destination. The course travels hitchBOT described in detail (with the help of their creators) in Instagram , Twitter on your page Facebook. Built-in camera helps to make photos and GPS-tracker transmit information about his movements. In its accounts in social networks had accumulated more than 35,000 subscribers.

In 2014, the robot has traveled a 6,000 km through the territory of Canada, with at least 18 different companions. Is a robot drivers or passed it from hand to hand on the agreement, or simply left him beside the road that he had voted and caught a ride next.

// player.vimeo.com/video/132664186 video>

Inspired by the success of the experiment, July 17, this year, the research team has taken their child on a journey along the roads of the United States, from Massachusetts to San Francisco. And in Philadelphia, his path was over. The creators got the photo, which can be seen the broken robot. Its battery is disconnected, so GPS-tracker does not work either.

Those who managed to fall in love with the project and feel sympathy for the robot to go in search of adventure, have already expressed their condolences to his creators. Members of the local Hackerspace The Hacktory уже creators offered their services to find and repair, or even the creation of the second version of the robot in order to complete his journey. All who are interested in the fate of hitchBOT, following the development of events.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/259756/

Tags

See also

New and interesting