Browse two-wheeled bicycle for urban boom

than ever wife abuse:
I do not want to be mistress morskoju,
I want to be a cyclist,
To which all look back! I>

My wife wanted a new bicycle. Prior to that, she had a start-highway from HVZ (too uncomfortable landing), Ashanobayk (too heavy), Merida (too much speed) ... trip to the store ended in the same spirit - the seat is too small, too big takeaway is too bright color ...

I'm desperate to please her and reassured at the time of the autumn-winter period. In winter, suddenly figure out the problem with the transport accessibility of the new office: free parking is no public transport stop away, and the nearest train 5km - foot does not find (even though it is useful). I began looking for a way to quickly overcome the last couple of miles. Taxi - expensive. Sportbike (as Scooter) is not for public roads and sidewalks. Motorcycle parking by comparable in price with the taxi. It remains bike. Immediately noticed Strida (and even tried to ride on it) and its analogues A-bike, Citybike, McFly. So there was a basic requirement - compactness.

On the price h4> Prices Strida LT in Russia start at $ 600. Buy wife Strida, to find out that she is not a grenade that system, I did not want. Even if you take it yourself, afraid to leave on a movable pass. I make a decision: buy analogue.

If my wife liked it - it will be - if not, he will go to work in the summer. Wants Strida - be it Strida, but it will be meaningful desire.

Accidentally saw the vast Chinese Internet analogue for $ 120 on FOBe - interested, searched by keyword folding bike 16 inch , found that price range "they" range from $ 100 to $ 150, depending on the equipment (MOQ, bag, wheel size, or spokes alloy wheels, etc.). But shipping eats all the interest of the buyer. Shipped out $ 300..360. Found already in the spaces of our Internet a viable option and ...
I bought.

The first impression h4> Bicycling was a surprise for my wife. He brought, she sat down, and drove in love with him. Even complaints rigid saddle were very constructive - to replace the saddle (pictured saddle is not native). Jaunty red in color, little weight (about 11 kg), takes up little space, and perhaps most importantly - no one in our city there is no such!

As a new toy away from his wife was not possible, we had to buy a second, little black, even for myself. So do not be surprised at the presence of this review photos two bicycles.

Package h4> packed bike in a huge box (1150h300h600mm) volume of 0.2 cubic meters - into the same box can be packed and full-size bicycle. Net weight of about 15kg.

For the safety of the goods used foam inserts. To secure the bike in a box wrapped with polyurethane tape.

In my features include

box with package insert and winding bike the trunk (already installed and with red reflectors) Up ( some offer it as a gift) Carrying Case silicone stickers (already pasted) tool kit (four hex wrench 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm ) User (hooray! in English).
 Dimensions folded 1120h500h280.

Limitations h4> The characteristics of the claimed increase in cyclist from 145 to 190cm. Apparently this is the Chinese centimeters and it is necessary treat them with caution. For cyclists rise up to 160 cm is required to lower the seat as much as possible, which will lead to the unavailability of the trunk. Ie range growth 145..160sm trunk can not be used without modification because the boot lower stop can not be fixed because of the bending frame (arrow).

Cyclist growth of 190 cm, regardless of the location of the seat can get your knees wheel. With my height 180 sometimes hurt the knee wheel cornering.

So before buying a bicycle remotely, try to find it in the real world and try on.

Folding pedals and plastic. Do not step on the pedal, ride pedal, jump on the curbs. Also, the instructions are prohibited: skate in the ice, roll down the stairs, riding on the rear wheel.

When driving uphill drive belt may slip. Adjust the tension, if necessary, by moving the pedal assembly. The arrows show the screws that secure the frame assembly.

This city bike, Carl!

Dopiling h4> Traditionally, before a trip, check the brakes and, if necessary, adjust their conduct.
The left and right (front and rear) brake actuators "confused." Clicking on the right handle calls (by Motorcycle) actuation of the front brake, the left - back. You can throw the ropes, but it does get them out of the frame.

4-D screw fastening the saddle have a length of 30mm and thread jammed plastic Locknuts. In the process of changing the height of the saddle, I bent them a little, and then spinning, proporol locknut through.

More change the height of the seat I'm not going, so replace the screws on 20mm, placing on the reliability of the adhesive for fixing the threaded connection. Now, the screws do not protrude. In the photo the upper shorter screw lower as it looked before.

My wife complained about the uncomfortable seat. I had to replace him. Caution: the slope of the seat is not adjustable.

Folded joint rubs against the frame. The Strida in these places there are special pads. The bike can be bought silicone pad thickness of 0.5mm. Its thickness is not enough, it also shifted. Not only the blue electrical tape will help us to avoid scratches.

As a result of careless driving readiness, dropped the bike with pedals on the stone. The blow fell on a plastic star, which broke away from the piece. By the way the only brand in the photo «Great Wall". More brands and no markings were found.

Results h4> Cycling goes well on asphalt or forest path. Worse on the pavement and gravel. Sand and mud can not stand. The rain water falls on the chain belt, which could cause it to slip.

More speed on this bike is not razovesh: prevents sail boarding, landing itself. A maximum of 20 km / h.
Long did not train: the particular landing. Rudder sharp. Walk in 2 hours - in a fun, no longer to strain.
The wheels are relatively small - 16 inches. Because of the collapsible frame construction of curbs does not jump.

But it is very small. Throw in the trunk 3 bikes (although one of them is a classic - children), without removing the wheel, go to the park - easy!

Bicycles encouraging. Uplifting. Passersby look back.
Excuse In the process of writing no one passerby was injured. The author does not receive a commercial advantage from the publication, but simply shares his impressions.
You need a bike?

Yes No Voted 194 people. 40 people abstained. Only registered users can participate. Sign , please.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/251266/

Tags

See also

New and interesting