Why is simulated in the Matrix 1999?

This is a translation of an interesting question to Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange. The question was asked as part of вселенной Matrix . So do not take it too seriously, as well as responses to it. I>

Question
In Matrix i> people are living in a simulated reality in 1999. Let's leave aside the question, why is needed to build the matrix . We assume that it was a good reason. But then the question arises: Why was chosen in 1999-the year - while widespread computer? I>

Knowledge of computers can give a great advantage to people, freed from the Matrix, especially such as Neo. Why did the car have not selected any of the pre-computer era, year, for example, the 1890 th or even quite primitive as 900th BC? Then they would be much less of a problem with people. A man freed (disconnected) in any way from the Matrix, in this case would not have a clue as to what a computer. This means not so much that it would be much more difficult to understand the concept of the Matrix, but the fact that he just does not know how to use computers and related technologies to combat machines.

I know that there is an opinion Agent Smith that "it was the peak of human civilization," but it does not seem plausible version. Rather, humanity who are at their peak, more difficult to manage.

So why is it that it is simulated in the Matrix in 1999? (Except of course the fact that this year the movie was released.)

Answer 1
Perhaps 1999 was the year with the highest average ожидаемой life expectancy person.

Neo: If you die in the Matrix, you die here?
Morpheus: The body can not live without the mind.
Blockquote> Maybe the car believed that humanity will live simulated past modeled on the real, so that, for example, in the first half of the 20th century, he would have to live through World War II and in the Middle Ages - the Crusades, which would lead to great human losses.

The average life expectancy of a person in 1900 was 47 years, whereas in 1999 it was 76 7 years < / a> ( here of course refers to the United States i>). However, in the Matrix, these statistics may differ because Here people live in a controlled environment. So, most likely in the Matrix people are not exposed to disease-causing viruses and bacteria, which was one of the main factors of mortality in the past, our reality, along with a violent death.

So, as the most likely cause of unnatural death in the Matrix - the violence, the machine will naturally want to choose an environment where the likelihood of violent death is minimal. This can settle people away from each other so as to exclude the possibility of contact. But the man - a social being and can die alone. So instead better to choose the time and place where people are more peaceful. Perhaps the year 1999 show the machine most suitable in this sense.

Answer 2
A possible explanation was given by Agent Smith in the first film of the trilogy. He said:

The first Matrix was created as a perfect world where all people were to be happy ... and a complete failure. Neither took the program ... the human species does not accept reality without poverty and suffering. Blockquote> He also mentioned that after the matrix was rebuilt in its current form - "the peak of human civilization." From this it can be concluded that the reason was to eliminate the risk of people tripping mass Matrix.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting