Overview Speakerphone Jabra Drive

In his blog on Geektimes to review a variety of devices that are sold in our stores - from digital microscopes and LEGO to ноутбуков-трансформеров and ... And now let's talk about such a thing as a car speakerphone.

If your car is not equipped with a system handsfree, then this device will add +1 to your safety behind the wheel - I think that it is much more necessary thing than, for example, wireless speakers with the same principle.

Options
The device is sold in the traditional (for products Jabra) black and yellow packaging. The device itself is at the top of the package (it's easy to get, for example, to test in the store), and all other Circuits are under him.

Options modest - in addition to the adapter, plugs for power supply of the car (12-24V at the entrance, 5V and 750mA output) with USB-connector:

... There is only a meter wire USB-microUSB (for charging) and instructions in several languages ​​(including Russian):

On the one hand, the set includes everything for "sat down and went," on the other hand, I wanted to see at least a rag cheholchik - I'm sure many will sometimes remove the device in the glove compartment.

Appearance
The device is quite large (104x56x18mm and weighs 100g), in his hand is nice, but its shape is clearly makes it clear that the manufacturer assumes mount "hook". Well, since this is called Jabra Drive, then fasten it meant in the car - namely, on the sun visor. However, nothing prevents attach it somewhere on the desktop or on a backpack in the campaign - anything can happen.

Needless mount is a bent sheet metal, which is attached earpiece with the rest of the electronics. Universal design (have stock for the strain - in case if you have a visor sorts of papers) and reliable - to break from the assembly / disassembly should not. From the street, the device is completely transparent.

The main part of the functional side takes earpiece, which is behind the black (there is a white version) cover-grid. At first it seemed to me that between the speaker and the bracket is conveniently located a giant gap, but it turned out that this is the place to turn button - the fact that the speaker is both more and button (receiving a call, for example). It is the same status as a tube LED which lights up in different colors depending on the operation mode. It's great - with the size of hard to miss, even at speed.

Located just above the microphone and volume control rocker, is also quite large. Their main drawback is that for the volume they need not hold, and repeatedly press - on the road is not the most convenient scenario. But this is not a problem - most likely set you once you are comfortable with the volume and forget about these buttons (or once a month will do up / down.

Another button (to turn the unit) located on the side - it does not accidentally hurt. Of connectors - only microUSB for charging the internal battery.

I can not say that just trudge from the appearance of the device, but at the same time there is not anything that I would not like it; quality of manufacture and assembly at a high level.

Question to experts: what two holes on the mounting device? Smiled when he heard the answer.

Operating the
When you first turn the unit will automatically offer to make pairing with the phone - pairing'a algorithm is no different from other bluetooth-devices. NFC is not here, so that "tapom" pick speakerphone will not work, and modelka was developed back in 2011, when about NFC still really have not even talked. But it is worth to pay tribute to that after almost 4 years, the model remains relevant and competitive.

Talking on the "gills" concedes nothing (except the speakers) conversation with a built-in car HandsFree: sound crisp and clean, although, as I said, the volume is too small margin. The microphone is very sensitive and has a built-in echo and noise reduction, which reduces the flow of "garbage" into the ears of the interlocutor. In some cases, the source did not guess that the conversation is conducted via speakerphone.

Take a call - pressing the main key, reject a call - double-click the same button. Press the key twice normally lead to redial. There is still mute during a call (hold the volume key for 2-3 seconds) - in this list of possibilities unit ends. Lacks a voice response - "shoot up" all the time have to manually.

Oddly enough, the device is not deprived stereoprotokolom A2DP and to transmit music through bluetoth, and the support of EDR in place. Again, it all depends on the small volume of the speaker - it is enough to listen to podcasts, but not for kayfovaniya from music.

Able to "column" and work directly with two phones, but the algorithm ligament few tricky. For starters, you need to bind one phone. Then, turning off on it Bluetooth, a similar algorithm to pick up a second phone to the speakerphone. Then again to hook first. Nevertheless, the feature works and notification tones can be obtained from both devices.

As for battery life, the manufacturer claims 30 days of standby time and up to 20 hours of talk time. I do during the test and could not put the battery - 20 hours not to talk :) Time to full charge the battery of the device is 2.5 hours (via adapter included).

Only found a significant disadvantage in the Jabra Drive - a "sleep" of the device after 30 minutes of inactivity after which it each time you have to "wake up" the power switch. In other respects the device operates without any problems. And the most important thing in it - completely "car" ergonomics: large buttons with good speed, are easy to press blindly, without taking his eyes off the road. I think that the manufacturer coped with the task of creating a car speakerphone.

Pros and cons of
+ Appearance
+ Noise and echo cancellation
+ Universal mount, almost imperceptibly in the cabin
+ Intuitive
+ Built-in battery
- Not enough functions
- Low level of volume
- The need to "wake up" the device after its "sleep»
- Price

At the time of publication of this article cost Jabra Drive in store Yulmart is 3990 rubles. Agree that a little expensive for a sheet metal with a loudspeaker and Buetooth-module, but more literally summer this device could be bought for 2,000 rubles.

Instead of outputting
If your car is not equipped with a handsfree system and you're looking to replace it yourself, you can pay attention to the Jabra Drive - a very simple speakerphone, which is convenient to use on the road.

If you want to speakerphone something more, maybe you will like Parrot MINIKit Neo , which is at a similar price can more (eg, address book support, pronounces the names of buddies when you call, have a mobile application, and so on).

Our previous reviews:
» Testing Ni-MH batteries size AA
» Sony Smartwatch 3
» LG G Watch
» Transformer Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
» LEGO Mindstorms EV3

Source: geektimes.ru/company/ulmart/blog/244660/

Tags

See also

New and interesting