Quotes Lion

He was the first who refused to copyright, was an opponent of the state system, and the denial of religious authorities excommunicated. He refused the Nobel Prize, hated money and took the side of the peasants. So it did not know nobody. His name - Leo Tolstoy.
The strength of the government rests on the ignorance of the people, and it knows it, and therefore will always fight against education. It is time we realize it.
Everyone wants to change humanity, but nobody thinks about how to change themselves.
Everything comes to those who wait.
Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
Strong people are always simple.
Everyone let sweeps in front of his door. If everyone would do so, the whole street will be clean.
Always seem to love us for what we are so good. But do not realize that love us because good ones who love us.
Without love, life is easier. But without it there is no point.
I have everything that I love. But I love everything that I have.
The world is moving forward thanks to those who suffer.
The greatest truth - the most simple.
The point is not to know a lot, but to know of all the things that can be known, the most necessary.
People often take pride in the purity of his conscience just because they have a short memory.
There is not a villain who sought for, would not have found the villains in some ways worse himself and who therefore could not find a reason to be proud of and to be pleased with himself.
The evil within us, that is there, where it can be removed.
Man should always be happy; If happiness is over, see what was wrong.
I am sure that the meaning of life for each of us - just to grow in love.
All building plans, and no one knows whether he will live until the evening.
There are no conditions to which a man can not get used to, especially when he sees all around him are living as well.
One of the most amazing fallacies - that human happiness is to do nothing.
PS.
On svoix lektsiyax Vladimir Nabokov used the following method. He closed all the curtains in the room, ensuring complete darkness. "On the horizon of Russian literature this is Gogol" - and at the end of the hall light flashed. "This is Chekhov" - on the ceiling light up another star. "It's Dostoevsky" - switch flipped on its side. "And this is - Tolstoy!" - Lecturer plowed drape the windows and flooded with blinding sunlight.

Tags

See also

New and interesting