The Story of a "Izh Jupiter-5"

But the condition of the bike can be assessed as "not very". He was the grandfather in the garage for many years, the cylinders were removed, and the cells crankshafts water stood on the neck thing. Motorcycle with sidecar was, my father and I rolled it out of the garage, turned upside down and poured water from the engine cylinders and heads thrown into the carriage, the rope hitched to the car. Father - behind the wheel of the car, I - behind a rope behind the wheel of a motorcycle.

Sunk safely home, and immediately began work on the restoration. Experience driving techniques I probably five years. I started to drive the car GAZ-66 - standing, because they do not can reach the pedals. Repair experience began with the fifth grade, when there was a moped "Riga" (gas). Later in the 9th grade was "Moskvich-401", followed by his father's bike "Minsk" (MMV3 3.115), which I collected on the cogs (originally there was only frame with wheels and a motor without rubber from the "Voskhod-3M").

The next day after receiving the gift I gave cylinders with rusty sleeves father and sent him to the district center for oversize pistons and cylinder bore. By the evening I had a great first piston repair. On the third day pushed the stroller and assembled piston, put the ignition and started the process running in the piston.

Next were painting and hauling seats, because after ruthless exploitation by the previous owner appearance motorcycle left much to be desired. Actually, my grandfather on it which just does not transported: potatoes, carrots, cabbage and other supplies - just do not count. The speedometer was about 20 thousand run, of which half the way - on the field, forest and bog roads.

After transformation of the appearance of the bike I really like, even cuter than the next model "IgE" ("Prestige"). Pure "classic", and I like the classic throughout.

I exploited it to the year of 2007. He served me faithfully, was circling it countless nights and rural discos, carried a lot of local beauties. There were, of course, and breakage, mostly trouble delivered the contact ignition system, changed twice a set of contacts, but they were made in China, and they still need to be further developed, fluster, to file - in general, "shaman." Who skated to "Jupiter", he will understand me. Was purchased and installed carburetor K65 Ukrainian production. Due to frequent loosening and tightening the spark plug threads in the cylinder heads and stretched out a couple of times to pull out the candle. The solution to this problem has become boring and installation thread "GAZonovskih candles" with a greater diameter of the thread. Of course, replaced crankshafts year in 2012. Put another Soviet, grandfather found them in the garage. The final breakdown was charging. She lost not remember under what circumstances, then yes I am not worried because I bought the car, and the ILO has put into the garage. I skated on the car 5 years, and the motorcycle is not particularly drawn.

But time does not stand still, and in the net I came across an article about a contactless ignition system (BSZ). -Headed guys put it on the Soviet motorcycles and cars, and even integrated into the ignition timing generator (FUOZ). For me, when it was new and it seemed incredible. Began to view new articles and videos about the BSZ, find information about emergency ignition (AZ), with which you can start installing the "IZ" "with the button"! During the winter I collected the necessary data for BSZ, replayed many times in the head and thought about the revival of "IgE". As a result, purchased the necessary components, scanned drawings. And in the summer of 2012 I went on leave to his parents in the village. Rolled the bike, and work started on the construction and installation of BSZ. Everything is done with his own hands, drilled and sawed over Filkov mount installation hall sensor (DF) on the generator motorcycle.

When all was done, the bike after a long break to start, probably the third time! Net engine operation, the charging is no problem "with polupinka" - it's all very happy, but I have remained inoperative charge. Charge lamp does not light at all. That this can fail? GSV unit? Generator? I did not know how to solve this problem, and first turned to book for repair and maintenance, although always make repairs without books and did not like to read. However, the opening section, "Troubleshooting the generator," I started with a multimeter step-diagnosis of electrical equipment. And lo and behold! According to one of the items came out that I had broken the generator windings.
A more detailed examination was indeed found open. Posting winding was unscrewed on one turn and sealed. After installing the generator bike to start, and charging is working so far. For myself, I concluded that for quality repairs be sure to read the technical literature, and then a chisel and hammer to repair will not be needed.

Further, there was a long history of surf AZ. I wanted my "IZ" plant with a button. Generally, AZ originally designed specifically for the transfer of the ignition system in the emergency mode (for example, in case of failure HH), so you can get to a place of repair. The whole story I will not tell, I will say one thing: AZ me expelled from Saratov in the mail.

After installing AZ motorcycle do occasionally plant "with a button", but under certain conditions: it must be warm, and the piston must be in a certain position. But before pontanutsya local kids can sometimes be. Autumn and spring using AZ to warm candles. ILO rolls out of the garage after two weeks of inactivity, open the faucet, turn on heating candles until sucked gasoline - candles already warmed up. Mot Starts or the second or the third kick - then all weekend "with polupinka».

In general, after the installation of BSZ I generally forgot what the repair of motorcycles: the engine is not heated, gasoline consumption is 4.5 liters per 100 kilometers. Now I ride on it on weekends: go on fishing, mushrooms, and sometimes impossible to make a small prohvatit. So, my brother and I rode from Hantsavichy district in Soligorsk (circle approximately 180 km), circled by gnocchi area. Actually, I'm an amateur ride to historic places.

Motorcycle makes me very happy, and very nice to catch somewhere on the road republican surprised looks of passing motorists.

This year the bike was newly repainted, and new mirrors and hand protection from the wind. Run after recovery is close to 4000 km. During this time, replaced the one piston, due to the fact that in the old castle is loose and fell out of the bottom ring. He hung out again, and I instead in 2004-boiled bolt. On the way back brake pads, but they will change in the season-2015. I have since 2012, the costs Acid Battery Exide, and signs of abandoning the work he has not seen.

I can say I am very grateful to my now deceased grandfather for a great gift. I am not going to sell the bike and I will try to keep it in its original form as possible and in good condition.

Tags

See also

New and interesting