Richard Branson has allowed employees to their offices to go on leave at any time and for any period

Tuesday Branson posted in his blog post «Почему we allow employees to take as Virgin output as they see fit ».

Photo Virgin.com i>

Flexible changed how, where and when we do our work. Well, if you work from 9 to 5 ceased to be compulsory - why stick to a strict schedule of annual leave?

In the past few years, Netflix went into the lead in the market streaming. One of the keys to understand how they intend to maintain its leadership, lies in a very well-crafted and bold initiative to change the rules of the game - or, to be more precise - to abolish them in the issue of a very close and important for the majority of workers around the world: the right to annual leave.

I first became aware of what was done in Netflix, when my daughter Holly read статью in the "Daily Telegraph» and immediately sent me an excerpt from her very encouraged by comments by email: "Dad, look. This is what I have already said before, and that, I'm sure, will be very much in the style of Virgin: do not control the release of workers. " Then she added: "I have a friend in the company that introduced at the same thing - and they obviously came to a peak in all respects: team spirit, creativity and productivity through the roof." Needless to say, I was immediately intrigued and wanted to learn more. An article in the "Telegraph" reported on Netflix adopted a new policy of holidays, which, in principle, could be more accurately described as a waiver of any politics! It is all the same as anywhere write that someone offered a percentage of 0% - if it is zero, whether it is generally referred to as the percentage?

In general, it is easier to say, this does not, as a politician allows all paid staff to take leave for as long as they want. Neither the employees do not need to ask permission to leave, nor their managers keep track of their absence in the office. It is assumed that employees are free to decide when to take a couple of hours, day, week or month (and a year is possible? - Approx. Lane.) I> leave if 100% sure that they are all stacked team projects on time and their absence in no way hurt the cause - or, for that matter, their careers!

Netflix initiative was due to the growing wave of complaints of employees who are interested in how their new technologically-driven schedule (work anytime from your home or from wherever they get work e-mail and messages) is consistent with the policies of old school holidays. That is, if Netflix can no longer keep accurate time and attendance of employees at work, why maintain a standard and outdated control of their time outside of it? The company agreed to in the "Reference Guide on the culture of freedom and responsibility» (cool name - approx. Trans.) I> explained that "We have to focus on what people achieve, rather than on how much hours per day, they work. As we abandon the policy of the nine-hour working day - we do not need and leave policies ».

It's always interesting to notice how often the adjective "simple" and "intelligent" describe the brightest of innovation - well, it's definitely one of the simplest and smartest of ideas that I have heard in a long time, and I am pleased to announce a similar (lack of) policy for the parent in the UK and the US, where the policy could be the holiday was absolutely draconian. If this innovation goes as good as expected, we prizovёm all our branches to follow suit, after which it would be incredibly cool to watch.

Do you think that all jobs should get rid of the rules of annual leave? share your thoughts in the comments.
www.virgin.com/richard-branson/why-were-letting-virgin-staff-take-as-much-holiday-as-they-want

В short видеокомментарии Branson CNN he added:

«Treat people like human beings, give them this freedom - and I do not think that they will abuse it. And they will do their job. » Blockquote> As marginal notes only add:

The idea of ​​introducing a free vacation schedule does not belong to Branson, and invented Netflix and pochёrpnuta them from newspaper articles suggested by his daughter. However, the decision to introduce such a policy in the offices of Virgin nevertheless it:) The innovation touches while only two head offices - in New York and London The essence of innovation - to choose when and how to leave on vacation can any employee to cope well with their responsibilities (no gaps in the schedule) and 100% sure that his absence will not hurt the company. Ie if the employee always lit cap fakapitsya projects or it is simply irreplaceable - Branson's generous offer, he will still not be able to use:)
 [ offer andorro news ]

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/238203/

Tags

See also

New and interesting