Laser sectional. As I was looking titanyl phosphate, potassium and beta-barium borate of aluminum shavings

«Did you know that the inside of the drum?» I> the end of a sad joke blockquote> I recently fell into the hands of the Jedi sword blue laser pointer "normal" capacity. Let's just say that the laser beam is clearly visible on a sunny day, if you look at the beam in the evening, then two hours later my eyes ache a bit, and when the laser is in the room, and the reflected light spot on the wall is so bright that immediately dazzle the eye.
Burst balloons and pozazhigat matches, I wanted more, so I decided to say hello to pilotampomoch our football team "to turn into radioactive ash" the neighbor's cat to see what's inside of this wonderful device.

Note under the cut scenes of abuse with gadgets

Articles Habra (recommend reading all before taking a laser pointer in hand):
"All of the laser" (April 7, 2011)
habrahabr.ru/post/117008/

"Spectroscopy in the style of the ghetto: We investigate the spectrum and the (In) security lasers" (4 November 2013)
habrahabr.ru/post/200786/

"Careful with Chinese lasers" (27 July 2013)
habrahabr.ru/post/187988/

To view
habrahabr.ru/post/144495/

Not to Habra, but also worth reading:
Security FAQ: How to protect yourself when working with lasers
lasers.org.ru/2012/05/04/safety-faq/

Safety when working with lasers and what will happen if it does not comply
lasers.org.ru/2008/06/20/laser-safety-and-why-you-should-stick-to-it/

"Dead pixel" on the screen, it's bearable, but the "dead pixel" in the eye is not very much. Be careful

Lasers in parsing h4> The laser consists of a rather massive body pile of radiators and board driver diode. Feeds 1 large or 2 small batteries (charger comes)

I am one that thing reminds bug from "The Matrix»?

Points h4> Points at first glance hlipenkie and not credible, but if you put them on, the laser beam can not be seen.
My first hypothesis was that the laser holing them instantly. Not a bit of it.
After two minutes, the laser emission is perpendicular to the plane of the surface of the lens is not even warmed up.

Cutting in Russian h4>

«Inside there is no user-serviceable parts» i> V. Vinge, "Rainbow's End»
& quot; ... the needle in the egg, egg in a duck, duck in a hare, hare in the trunk ... & quot; i> Tale
Blockquote>
how sawed green laser foreign colleagues

IR filter

view from the other side

KTP (KTiOPO 4 sub>) - a material with nonlinear optical properties

Nd: YVO 4 sub> crystal.

Ванадат yttrium

Holder

Диод

Scheme green laser

And what is inside the blue?

Inspired foreign experience I boldly took up the saw.

Hands slightly crooked

Two halves of an aluminum radiator

Copper radiator

Interestingly, when sawing aluminum radiator it gets very hot (burned fingers), and copper remained cool, although I sawed his intense

Finished copper radiator

Opa arrived. This melenko Circuits, which was at the end of the wires, I did not even really could not take a picture on your lens. And this knock dazzle aircraft !? I was expecting (as in foreign raspilschikov) see crystals and nonlinear optical elements, a system of semi-transparent mirror, see indium gallium nitride (In x sub> Ga 1-x sub> N) or barium borate (BaB 2 sub> O 4 sub>) ... Overall, I like the hero of the novel, Vernor Vinge, waiting slight disappointment - "inside no user-serviceable parts" - but the process was interesting.

How to use such powerful pointers h4>
 (Light side):
As I found out, these lasers often take hunters and anglers to keep off the tigers and bears, as young animals is not very nice to look at the blue ray. Plus, the beam is clearly visible at a distance and helps you lose. One friend bought a pointer and used it as a portable laser engraver to mark the working tool in the workplace. Pointer vacationers in the economy, as the level, for example. There are several examples of the use of laser pointers for security and perimeter control.

the dark side The soccer fans to help their team

Hooligans in Europe amused themselves that blind pilots planes taking off. Now for a "light" a long time.

Table 5 millivattovoy safety pointers that will happen if the laser power of 5 watts !?

Funny DIY projects using blue pointers Fans Fallout`a harness

Acknowledgements h4> I express gratitude green-laser.ru for providing laser for anti / pseudo / false about scientific experiments, and as well and Ivan Sergei of "three-dimensional printing Lab" for the vise and hacksaw

PS. H4> Who knows what to do with what's left of the laser (eg, sawed on), welcome to Hakspeys. Can you like a pointer to disable a surveillance camera?

Yes No Do not know < It is necessary to carry out the experience and write about it on the Habré Only registered users can vote in polls. Sign , please. 813 people have voted. Excused 124 people.

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/neuronspace/blog/236279/

Tags

See also

New and interesting