Big Benz

Greece - it is an extraordinary country! Wonderful sea, ethereal nature. And the food ... What can I say. All great! But, good people, where you can catch a terrible virus. He called oldtaymerizm!

Now, eight years ago, the food myself quietly on the beautiful island of Corfu, not bothering anyone, digest satsiki and suddenly see it ... Bah, it's Mercedes, Yes this is Typ 200, (formerly Mercedes differed not on the body, and on motors), but it's W110 (1965-1968)! What a wonderful example, a real mafia machine with a big boot to 2 corpses.

I decided to throw it out of my head. Did not work. Then I decided that with this in mind you need to sleep. He slept with her half of the year. All agreed the expedition preparing for the evacuation of the Mercedes from the Greek dungeons! The expedition consisted of ML, trawl, friend and part-time truck driver and Vanya actually me.

We arrived at the place. On the one hand happy with the price of 1,500 euros, on the other hand did not please the absence of other figures in the lexicon Seller-Albanians. But by the time the accumulated knowledge on the theory of restoration and look closely at the Mercedes I realized that it was - dead. Scheisse! I had to turn around and empty-handed ride to Germany for

It was getting dark, ice, passed Vienna. And then ... OMG! What is it?! What a lovely ass, OMG! From under the awning overtaken us a tow truck peeking, beckoning invitingly ass Pontoon. My favorite car - Post War Mercedes. They are not the same angular tarahtelki, but not yet faceless modern. The truth, of course, the pre-war Mercier, tore all the sailors on the ribbon in the competition. But, nevertheless, the post-war aesthetics me personally more understandable, the birth of S-klasse, it was then. I give the command Vanke approach with Deutsche Germans and gently ask to stop. In response, he spat out his cigarette, closed the window, and gases. I, too, tolerance! I give this team a little pressed a loaded cart. The answer is not long in coming. With cries of "Police kill" damn Germans turned on the afterburners and pipikaya sped away into the distance. Well, to hell with you. Said outdone, put out the lights and bent them. Damn, hard-nosed caught. 3:00 went after them. But gasoline is once ended. Refueled, lit a cigarette and sipping some coffee, Deutsche relaxed, thinking about the upcoming dream. But then I knocked on the window. A saber-toothed smile Vanya, on the other hand opened the door of the passenger. To say that Deutsche surprised - to say nothing. Lowering the intimate details, the car I bought.

Every five more course than anticipated buy W110. But it W180, the legendary pontoon (pontoon because carrying the body looked like a US military pontoons upside down).
Very nice was the fact that the car was owned at the time, Mr. Johannan Silbilger, former consul of Austria in Venezuela. And he bought it from Mr. Vicente Puppio Zing, a law professor at the University of Caracas, Venezuela. I'm on a course gets 3 owner urrya, it is the same story, documented. A week-long bloody war at the entrance to Ukraine is omitted. The car smelled dog twisted experts, customs officers with the border guards entered the clinch and quarreled, but the chassis number was never found. And how do they find him, if it was sweat three layers of paint! Posted Prosecutor 5 (!) Letters, Gosmitnu service in the border guard. Released plucked, but undefeated.

Omit repair details. The patient was not a corpse, but heavy. A layer of filler was 1 cm thick.

Firewall absent as such. The heating system is simply cut off. The vacuum brake booster was the tractor Saterpillar, well, it was not then in Venezuela, other amplifiers.

Engine starts, but the noise level and the exhaust was Euro 10.

Doors to pierce a finger. Ventilate legs could simply lifting the carpet passenger. Paul was not there. Great pains to bring the body. Thank you Sasha for the body - this is the year he and my life.

Thank Dime for the restoration of wood. No offense Dimulya, Dima wood - not a bad nickname.

Wheels on the contrary added to life. True caps then cost EUR 160 / piece, but this year is 235 euro / pc., Or in America MBCU $ 600 / unit. Rubber student record Uniroyal. Factory wide white stripe. Close it than anything in the restoration. Motorists his greasy boots and strive to make it a piece of salidola barely laundered afterwards. Thank you for the motor-Valera beard! Width dimension, though not quite as on leaving the factory. By the way this affects the handling. Effort on the steering wheel due to the width of the contact patch is now higher.

Rudder. It's a work of art. A thin rim, pleasant to the touch, switch turns chrome ring, dazzling chrome. But the wheel was not always so. Cracks and scratches have been lovingly removed by dental polymeric materials in the dental clinic of my friend. Igoresha, thank you!

Thanks Victor for the lamp Grundig and recovery Bekker Monte Karlo. Flashlamp masters is difficult

The patient returned to life and began to take shape sane.

Arthur Respect and uvazhuha. I did not know that the bridge bearings are still the same as it was then.

Carburetor did Peter. Then together we perlite from the wonderful sound of the working motor. Thanks Peter! With the passage of CO, emissions amounted to one third of the norm than the cops brought in a light support. They already thought that the gas meter has refused.

Two samples of the technical perfection of his time.

Leather Monza, Italian. This goes for finishing Ferrari. Drawing and color according to factory specification. The only difference is that when skin is painted on one side, and now it's all soaked with paint. The smell lasts for 5 years.

Sea trials.

Posted in [mergetime] 1407917753 [/ mergetime]
The driver's seat.

The driver's seat.

Wheel and chrome.

I told you - beautiful ass!

Salon.

Motor. All on the ground, including heating and vacuum. Oils and lubricants - Shell according to the specifications given in the manual. The sample consistency. Everything is done to this day. It's nice to do Mercedes. Ira and Sasha, thank you!

Jack, by the way, hydraulic.

Thank bodies GAI per room. The historic car all should be harmonious.

Suspension. All bought the firm Werner Karasch GmbH - the supplier of spare parts for the post-war Mercedes. Ich danke Ihnen tausendmal, Mr.Karasch! pins, levers, plugs - everything was in a cardboard box, in appended salidole with installation instructions. Date Print Instructions - 1962 Munich. Lovingly preserved.

On a good summer day a couple of years ago.

Junior French seam. It seems the name. Seats restored completely identical, including the joints, coconut filling and copper nails, which nailed the back wall.

Posted in [mergetime] 1407917971 [/ mergetime]
At the assembly.

At the assembly.

For this machine - everything. But it turned out that this is only the beginning. The disease progressed.

Tags

See also

New and interesting