What does it mean to be a father

On the education of sons

"You do not bring up the characters, you bring up sons. But if you treat them as sons, they become heroes, even if only in your eyes "- Walter M. Schirra, astronaut.

"By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he usually has a son who is convinced that his dad is wrong," - Charles Wadsworth, a pianist.

"When I was 14, my father was so ignorant I could barely tolerate his stupidity. But when I turned 21, I was struck by how much he had learned in the last 7 years, "- Mark Twain, writer.

On the education of the daughters

"Wedding - it is for fathers and daughters. Mother dress, trying to look young. But the wedding - it is for a father and his daughter. On this day they parted really "- Sarah Ruhl, the playwright.

"A lot of men dream to be strong enough to tear a telephone directory in half - especially if they have a teenage daughter," - Guy Lombardo, musician.

"If you dream of a good wife, and marry the one that was a good daughter to my father" - Thomas Fuller, the preacher and historian.

"For aging father nothing more daughter" - Euripides, Greek playwright.

Watch how your daughter takes her boyfriend on a date - this is the same thing as handing Stradivarius violin worth $ 1 million gorilla "- Jim Bishop, journalist.

About family values ​​

"The best feature of this father - this is how he behaves with his children, when no one sees" - Dan Pierce, a musician.

"My father gave me a precious gift that only a man can do - he believed in me" - Jim Valvano, basketball coach.

"In my opinion, the person as a child no more desire than to be under the protection of his father" - Sigmund Freud, the Austrian psychologist and psychiatrist.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting