Laser autofocus on your smartphone LG rearranged with a vacuum cleaner

Presentation of the market on Tuesday, the Korean flagship LG G3, as expected, scored a number of interesting features, but the most striking innovation - laser autofocus. The idea is that when launching the camera, a built-in laser beam scans a conical space invisible to the human eye in the infrared range, calculating the distance to the subject. It looks something like this:

or so:

Adjusted for what the naked eye is not actually see. By the way, I would have looked at it, it looks like the G3 autofocus infrared.

LG G3 использует a low-power laser Class 1 . Emitter beam separates into fragments, creating multiple focus points. Low power laser makes it safe for people, but useless at long distances. The advantage of laser is shown in low light and / or near the subject's position.

It is curious that the LG developed this technology not for the mobile unit, and for its robopylesosov Hom-Bot. However, before vacuum cleaners it never came, but the engineers of the mobile unit LG picked up, shook himself, and have built it into something that now they themselves called the fastest mobile camera to date, with a laser guidance is provided AF of 0, 276 seconds < a href="http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/27/5755712/how-lgs-robot-lasers-produced-the-fastest-cameraphone">пишет The Verge.

This laser autofocus works in conjunction with traditional auto-focus and other programs such as face recognition, which insure and complement it, such as at large distances.

More edition drew attention to the camera interface superlakonichny:

- I have recorded a minus - controls should always be at hand (oh, these designers). But engineers have worked as it should.

I wonder why the vacuum cleaner, the laser is not got?

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/224609/

Tags

See also

New and interesting