Travel to Mexico. Part 1

I have laid out some of his posts about interesting places on the globe, which I have visited:

Travel to Yemen. Part 1. Sana

Travel to Yemen. Socotra Island

Travel to Seychelles

Today I want to tell you about his next journey. At this time the path lay in Mexico. The route has been traced in such a way to see as many sights and relax on the Caribbean coast, in Cancun.

About the route: Flight Novosibirsk - Moscow - Mexico City. Then the bus nearly all of Mexico to Cancun (it took 9 days with overnight stays in different cities along the way, in small hotels). In Cancun for 5 days full ottyag and relaxation. From there a plane back home.

In order not to bore you, break your story into 2 parts. And so, the first part ... start ...

Here is a map of Travel:

The red line shows the shortest possible route from Moscow to Mexico City flight, taking into account the curvature of the Earth

The flight is not the shortest, but if you do not thump like a horse, it is quite comfortable

10,720 km overcome in 13 hours. And here below shows MEXICO

Even a little bit and lands

In the arrival hall - controls on drugs. In Mexico, it atkualno

At the airport I was met by a large bottle of local pivasom

In Mexico City, he spent day. A huge population of the city ... 19, 7 million people. Here there are taxi in Mexico City

Chronology comply will not - I'm not the writer of Shipka. In addition, the names of all such clever - you can break down the language. Just I am going to show what I saw on the way from Mexico City to Cancun. Churches have very beautiful. 90% of the population - Catholics

Altar (or as it is correctly called?) Closer

Then came the couple

The icon, which asked healing

There closer. People hooked images of hands, feet, hearts, etc. and ask for healing from various ailments. As we say, "Who it hurts ...»

Always I like to watch old crafts. Hand woven carpets at such machines

Paints made from natural plants and minerals. Is ground by hand, make a solution and then dyed yarn

This is what happens

Obsidian local stone-cutters make awesome products

Polished stone looks great. It is not cheap

All operate in disguise, because Stone dust is harmful and clogs the lungs

I love to wander through the shops that sell the old stuff. In this photo from left to two aunts, and behind them is seen seated man in a hat. It turned out the owner of a shop. Turned nicest person!

When he learned that I was from Russia at once he invited me to his house. I was treated to a local liqueur. Of course, I did not give up - it turned out to be very good-natured host

I took a picture of his family. Then he sent his e-mail. I hope he is correct I wrote it. But while the response from him was

In one church I saw these locks lovers. Well, the picture is familiar to many cities in the world

Immediately graphically shows the stages of development of the human embryo

It is like wandering the streets early in the morning, when the town just waking up ... still cool and fresh ...

The sun rises just ... shoot - a pleasure .... The colors are bright, juicy

And here is the Mexican dogs

Go further

On the way to meet Mexican "green men»

As for the food. Almost all very serious. Everywhere sell tortillas (tortilla) with different fillings - add the meat, pineapple, chili pepper, vegetables, herbs, sauces. Tasty. I tried and burritos with minced meat, beans, tomatoes and cheese

Who loves - please - fried grasshoppers, beetles, worms. I do not dare

In a restaurant eating a wonderful meal cooked in the ground. I forgot the name already

Recipe not know. Is there a potato in foil, all kinds of tomatoes, peppers, herbs, salads, Melen-malate, all covered with palm leaves, the top cover. Buried in the ground, where the hot stones

Preparing 3-4 hours. Delicious!

Another serves hellish mix of tequila, mezcal, rum and soda. The process is not complicated, but the ritual is observed. Pour

Posted in [mergetime] 1399539339 [/ mergetime]

Yes, please do not break! Finish - please!

Trays

Drink need to dramatically volley. The main thing that has not fallen sombrero

And once the waiter shakes your head that have the power to "sold out." Inserts nipadetstski! One pile was not limited

Yes! Almost forgot! This restaurant with a very "talking" title!

We go further. That volcanoes Popocatepetl (5452 m) in the Aztec language "smoking mountain" and Istaksiuatl (5286 m) - the "white woman»

Perhaps it's time to show the pyramid. The ancient city of Teotihuacan, Uxmal, Chichen Itza, Palenque attract crowds

Here Kukulkan pyramid in the ancient Mayan capital of Chichen Itza. The pyramid was built in such a way that during the equinox on her wall appears the solar image snake, which was taken for the ancient inhabitants of the convergence of the god Kukulcan on the ground. The snake comes out of the play of light on the edges of the pyramid. It is said that thousands of people are going to look at it

Here the ribs are clearly visible

Pyramid of the Moon and the Sun.

Many people climb the pyramid. The rise is not easy, because very high level

I also climbed the Pyramid of the Sun

Ancient inscriptions on stone

Figures

Bas

Tomb

The interior of the pyramid

A local guide shows how to use the old toilet

Yes ... people ... built.

Imagine how many people worked on the construction ....

There are buildings of white stone

It is a platform for the ancient ball game - is the Pok pok. Olmec invented the game - the creators of the most ancient civilizations. Played 2 teams. The goal - to throw the ball into the stone ring on the wall

Here the ring clearly visible

I quote from the Internet: "The rules were brutal. Touch the ball could hips, elbows, buttocks. Often the game is a ritual decapitation, which is probably associated with the cult of fertility. Some believe that the victim turned the losing captain of the "team", others - the captain of the "team" winners, since the gods have to give the best, including the most powerful, agile, beautiful people. Perhaps beheaded all losers. "I asked the dealer souvenir photograph the painting, which depicts this game

Next will be a few photos of the pyramids. This Uxmal

Round Tower - Remains of an ancient observatory

View from Mount

Ruins

The remains of the facade of a building

On the ruins full of iguanas

Bask in the sun

Beauty ... It's good that it retain

Another pyramid

Many of the pyramid are available to tourists, literally reclaimed from the jungle. The government allocates huge amounts of money to excavate. It is said that most of the pyramids jungle swallowed

Well, take a guide and set off into the jungle in search of an ancient civilization

If you raise your head, it will be the kind of

Underfoot visible tree roots that encircle everything in its path

Going to be careful not to tuck the leg

I stumbled upon a rivulet

From left to see the sheet - increasing more than me ...

Directly above us there was a noise and hooting. The conductor pointed upwards - a monkey. It was possible to make only 2 frames

Here's another. We see bad, but I do not work in National Geographic, so much as it has turned

Finally we saw the fragment of the wall is clearly built man

Here mossy oblong stone. To zoom photographed hand

The conductor showed the way, paved with huge boulders. It is seen that the top is also sprouted roots ...

The deepening of the wall found (room)

Match closer. Inside seen embers of the fire. The conductor said that, most likely here recently basked hunters

See what a handsome man. He sat quietly and did not fly away

But the nest. Maybe some birds, and maybe an ant hill - I do not know

Go ahead. Again, see the ruins

More ...

There generally barely discernible - all overgrown ....

Someone noticed a hummingbird?

Go ahead ... native bees nest ...

What kind of plant is - I do not remember. Explore all of the plants referred to, but does remember everything?

Well, that's exactly mushrooms

Look at what pigtail braided vines. I thought that soft braid. -okazalos Touched solid wood

The roots of the trees relative to human growth

Well, it's time to go to the light and move on ...

Posted in [mergetime] 1399540684 [/ mergetime]

There is a village of Indians tsotsil called Chamula. Prilyubopytneyshee place, I tell you. Let's start with the fact that the local people absolutely can not take pictures. Severe local guys just take away the camera, but still can beat. Is there a church that is famous for the amazing blend of pre-Hispanic and Catholic rites beliefs. I went inside - twilight, on the floor near a carpet scattered hay. And among the hay on the floor are lighted candles and a bottle of Coke or water! As there is no case of fire - do not understand ... People sitting on his knees and pray ... Photos not - did not risk

But the old cemetery and the church burned in the same village. Scary place

Local Indians ... The women wear a thick wool skirt

Okay, moving on. On the way to Palenque there is a very beautiful waterfall Mizol Ha

Tags

See also

New and interesting