Frau "Black Death" or "Duskin platoon"

She was the only woman - a platoon commander in the Marine Corps during World War II, when she was not yet 17 years old. War she began "comrade Yevdokim" and graduated lieutenant Dusya. The Germans gave her the terrible nickname Frau "Black Death", and fellow soldiers considered it "his guy." This fragile girl bravely rose to meet bullets and led to the attack of experienced fighters, but most of all she was afraid that someone will notice her charges that she is afraid .... Her name twice (or three times) appeared on the gravestones of mass graves, and it comes back into service, their "Black jackets».

... Marine Colonel Evdokia Nikolaevna Zavaliy was unable to "get used" to lose military friends. By the end of the war of her children survived only 16 people. In the end, of spetsvzvoda 83rd Marine Brigade, she was left alone. Lieutenant Darling did not live up to the 65th anniversary of the victory only 4 days ...

In war Darling hit a little girl. She just turned 15. The child still. But their requests to send her to the front she literally plagued commissar.

- Oh, the defender of the motherland! - Already as familiar Commissar met Duxiu - and how many years this counsel?

- Seventeen!

- Yesterday was fifteen! If so, and then it will go, so a couple of days you reach military age - smiling, told her the military - and will have a positive resolve your issue.

And so it happened. When the last military unit left the New Bug with bloody battles, the girl begged the commander to take her with him.

The cavalry regiment Evdokia served as a nurse. He was wounded by shrapnel in the abdomen.

- The head doctor examined me: "Well, all devchonochka reclaimed. Receive letters and dui home. " "Nowhere to go me! Going to the front! "- Then said Zavaliy.

Evdokia Zavaliy hit the reserve regiment. There she received her first award - the Order of the Red Star: pulled from the bombing seriously wounded officer. There fighter Darling accidentally turned into a fighter Eudokimos: after the hospital a little girl, much different from the rest: the same tunic and breeches, on his head - "hedgehog" with forelock - that lice do not come here to select donimali.A fighters on the front line.

- One sailor opens my letters and reads: "Sergeant ZavaliyEvdok." It is in the hospital because my name is shortened. "Zavaliy Yevdokim?" And I told him, and without batting an eye: "Yes, Comrade Commander! Zavaliy Yevdokim Nikolayevich! "-" I give fifteen minutes to get ready! »

Newly-born fighter issued uniforms, ammunition, and sent ... to the bath. That's deception will be revealed. But with the Soviet command trifled - firing the article!

- I'm actually dead than alive with its basin and past the guys in the buff wash running - says the rubble. - I looked at the tent and medical battalion smeknula pick open his face into the blood, so as not to bath there. I was treated to the field hospital wound, and two and a half hours at the village of Hot Key Sergeant Yevdokim Zavaliy took the fight in the sixth Airborne Brigade ...

His secret Zavaliy managed to save nearly a year. Until the next injury. But by then it had already become "the guy" desperate fighter and an experienced commander of the department of intelligence. 17-year-old foreman company Zavaliypoluchil wounded when instead killed his company commander deduced from the environment. The hospital and the exposure occurred.

In the fall of 43-goleytenantu Doucet entrusted to command a platoon of the 83rd Marine Brigade of the Red Danube flotilla.

- Sailors caught me as a selection: tall, strong, desperate boys. Children from neighboring platoons initially laughed at us, "Duskin platoon!" But as time passed, and became known as respectfully: "Dusya's guards." And my tommy called me like a man - the commander, sometimes affectionate Evdokimushkoy - recalls Zavaliy.

When the Germans learned that the commander of the "Black jackets" vests - a woman - was announced at her hunt. Zavaliy then she admitted that if it were not for her lads - a hundred times would be killed.

- Raise them to the attack: "Follow me!". And they raised me, catching up and pass me, covering the bullet, fearless, desperate ... Each of the fifty-five of my machine gunners still stands before my eyes, but none of them have no longer alive. That Vanya sown ... When there was a platoon, eyed contemptuous look, "Baba reluctance to obey!" And in the battle for Budapest he covered me from sniper shot, exposing his chest ...

Platoon Guard Lieutenant Evdokia Zavaliy always been at the forefront of the fighting, served as a battering ram upon the occurrence of a marine brigade. They were sent back to where it was particularly difficult. Kerch - Eltigen landing operation - one of the largest in the years of the Second World War, the assault Sapun mountains during the liberation of Sevastopol, the capture of the German command headquarters during the Budapest offensive - one of the bloodiest ...

She Lieutenant Darling never lagged behind their desperate fighters, but still afraid. However, in this she admitted after a few decades. In fact, both at the front hide the tears under the cape, so that, God forbid, no one saw or suspected weakness.

- I just do not have the right to be weak, afraid. But still afraid ... Most of all - the rats. Nothing help it could not rat me were worse than the Germans - hungry at night threw in the face, heels crunched. Ugh! Better not to think ...

Military background for a long time did not leave Evdokia Zavaliy she has many years in the night went on the attack. Not yet met her future husband. 2 children, 4 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren - that wealth Lieutenant Dusi, for which she was again and again raised his platoon to attack ...

Source.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting