As metal boiled in an electric furnace.

During today blogotura for "Kubanzheldormash" I was suddenly invited to see the work of the Steelworkers, a crane, and ride on the ceiling.
So, skip the formalities - I have on tap that will happen I do not know. And that that I went upstairs to sit on tap ... I learned just went upstairs. Though maybe I did not have to sit in it, and asked - let.

Will be 41 photos and comments of the author's source.

1. Eden. In the middle of the shop is an oven, by their appearance and gugleniya it is defined as "electric arc furnace". The whole secret of its three cylinders at the center, they are now immersed in.

2. In the neighboring room, the carriage rides "container" with scrap metal that seems to be cast into the furnace for melting.

3. Something bottom we hitched.

4. Yeah, container with chocolate.

5. View her stern

6. The crane operator (yes, she) sends just podtseplenny load into a pit near the stove.

7. And in the pit there is a trough and the liquid metal just did not potekёt, it is necessary to "dig up" hole

8. All are closely watching.

9. Hole prokovyrevaetsya not, we have to knock with a crane and cans for scrap.

10. Oops, poured. Scrap pull out at the last moment.

11. The can quickly lowered and begins to fill with steel. The oven is not immobilized by the way, she leans toward the gutter.

12. Almost full.

13. All full, already pours over the edge.

14. What's next?

15. And then it is necessary to remove the excess.

16. One man throws on top of sand (probably had less to heat and eyes lighter), and the second hit by surplus in the pit.

17. More knocks.

18. To this we can look forever.

19. The furnace at the moment looks more intimidating. Brightly lit raised cylindrical electrodes.

20. While considering the oven, with a can brought down all the excess and put it on the carriage.

21. taken away.

22. I do not think that it is time ashore, but no. Trailer concrete, as I called it, cue, and then knock a crowbar in the gutter, I do not know why. Maybe there is not need to dig a hole? And some clever mechanism is to open / close? For me it is a mystery.

23. As I understand it, without these "ingredients" just like the metal is melted.

24. "cue ball" took off, hooked up some garbage iron

25. The trough was filled with something, like a sand

26. Cover the oven is opened!

27. And then I oxy * l. ADCA has become hot.

28. Baffling crap go straight to hell.

29. And then there was a sudden (photograph this time did not have time), something in the iron balvanke zhahnul and drops of metal scattered around the room, and even flew to the neighboring. Fortunately all taken away, even the workers left.

30. easy and habitual movements crane operator removes a piece of iron straps. As she explained to me later, in an oven, first carefully lay down the first piece of metal in one piece or welded and has a certain weight. Then poured the rest. In general, the technology.

31. Now it came to capacity with metal 2. clings with pictures.

32. skidding capacity of the furnace.

33. There can not do without the help of a second person reaches the bottom rod with a hook at the end of the circle to the bottom vooon

34. reached and pulls strongly, thus opening the way to the degeneration of the gland.

35. Went case

36. Everything fell out

38. subsided

39. You can start the cycle again.

40. Almost closed ...

41. All. The electrodes are omitted, the current went and heard a hell of a crash.

So it goes. See on TV is one thing and reality is another. The molten metal is not just the yellow in appearance, he is also blind as hell, look at the main post photos - feeling as though the night, and in fact the time about two o'clock in the afternoon.

That's all. Thanks to all.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting