Rukozhopstva post (restore caps)

I then whispered in his ear that the theme of "rukozhopsta" here in high esteem, therefore, decided to outline the topic ...

I've got caps on my car-horse, in fact they are all younger than me for 8 years, and of course their condition is poor ...

On drives my money wins svezhevyluplenny child, so I have to assume that there is.

42 photo.

17 years caps all cracked ...

All pogryzannye (probably mice, while the car was in the garage)

Oh well ... free time there, harnessed the horse and rushing in the auto shop, take the sandpaper (large / medium / small), putty, paint balonchik ...

start overwrite those places where the paint from start shubitsya cap, incidentally find the remaining cracks ...

The process is not fast ...

the right to the left AFTER, one cap took 20 minutes ...

From slots, too, all we clean ...

attempt to accelerate the process - was not a success ...

The more I considered the caps - the more I throw up their hands ...

Waits family caps ...

By 11 pm are not ripe, and being a decent tenant decided not to strain your neighbors and engaged in a quieter affair, he said all the deep cracks ...

Here are the previous owner tried to seal the cap itself:

But it did not work, then you need something more effective than on the soldering iron ... perhaps it?

I decided to make sure ... I needed glue and staples from the stapler stationery.

While the glue dries ...

braces straighten the letter "G»

Grab a pair of pliers for the bracket is heated quickly and soldered into the hood.

Here in the photo is not very clear ...

tails sticking to bite off ...

and on the front side of a heated piece of iron smeared ...

in those places where the cap was nibbling - I had to sculpt the knitted part. Prior to that, automotive putty did not use, but it is dubeneet literally 2-3 minutes ... well barely had time to ...

dark ... wife calls sleep ... Let dry in the morning continue ...

On the morning of sandpaper paced the putty - like holding ...

here was no piece hood ...

And this is a huge chunk missing fashioned, put putty on the back side of the paper, then smoothed out too much ...

Well, deep chips closed up. left to dry ...

and everything is cleaned cap 4, Stela newspapers and ready to paint ...

with balonchika also never painted so that the first layer of the first cap - lumpy ...

a couple of hours - was the second layer.

here there were no pieces of the cap ...

The next morning everything is dry, and can be ready to paint the sides of the black matte paint.
Taped masking tape to paint something that does not need ...

and paint ...

drying for 10 minutes ...

looks great ... Maybe it should have all the drives in a black roll ... but it's too late ...

After 2 hours, the paper peeled off ...

black marker described the Mazda logo, with varnish on top ...

Call to check the foreman ...

the foreman said:
 - "All the garbage" and went to sleep ...

Anyway, that polecat understands caps

Remove the new caps ...

We hang rukozhopnye ...

all this 42ya picture, thank you all, I went to the balcony to clean srach ...

PS caps are on the strength of 1 000 rubles, they are, but for fun I had to tinker with old Monsieur ... that says:

1:00 programmer at least 750 rubles - well, actually a thousand and a half hour will be, but the programmer does zhoroshy so that the program works for him, so I have time at sufficiently ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting