Night photographing car on ice

Writes nikolapic:

Even when we are pondering a trip to Lake Baikal, Dima infected me with the idea to try to remove the car, highlighting it from the ice. We get it or not - it was not absolutely clear, but we decided to try ...
11 photos

To break through the beam of light meter thick ice, in my estimation needed a fairly powerful underwater light source brightness at least 1000Lm. At the same time, we were limited in the budget of five thousand rubles. The task proved to be quite trivial - or stores offer the most simple underwater flashlights 200-400 lumens brightness, or underwater kinosvet with good characteristics, but it zaoblochnoy cost tens of thousands of rubles. It's almost desperate searching, I stumbled upon a Chinese manufacturer MagicShine MJ-810B with reasonable price and good brightness (1000Lm). Everything else, complete with him were two filter: Orange - to change the color temperature from day to night, and the scattering - for soft light. In general, if you are a diver and something to shoot underwater, this flashlight necessarily need to have - a very cool thing turned out. Also in Moscow, it was bought the cheapest plastic tripod for 600 rubles, which was quite a pity to drown :)

During the first days of traveling by car on the ice of Lake Baikal, we noticed a few places with good pure ice, almost without snow and with characteristic "Baikal terschinami."

For the production of holes, we stocked up in the village of ice screws, but it turned out too small diameter - and a tripod with a lantern in her simply creeping. I had to catch the fishermen on the road, which pokonyuchiv, five hundred rubles expanded hole special scrap (peshnёy).

The next problem we face - is not only a huge amount of crushed ice, which had to be somewhere to hide, but absolutely istsarapany ice. The fishermen because shoes with spikes!

The next hour we spent, cleaning debris from the ice, pouring water from scratches fishing boots and the mother of myself for being so careless came to this venture.

Since Lake Baikal, we planned to be not alone, but with our friends: Photos Petya USHANOVA petrushanov (Happy rodzheniya Peter again! Approx. Chistoprudova) and Vanya Demkina dyomkin, are engaged, including the manufacture of spherical panoramas with a pole - we could not do not ask them to bring along not only themselves, but also special equipment to shoot a few meters from the ground.

Variant with backlight not only from the water but also the mobile light on the surface.

Backstage.

Take a few pictures with different light and then pasting in Photoshop.

Version with external illumination and makes the car even more complete picture, but because of the lack of shade under the car looks like "insert", even though the pictures below are made in one frame.

In this our "try your wings" in the harsh Siberian conditions are considered successful!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting