Some parallels

"Leading newspapers were terrible - lying, murderous, arrogant. The whole world outside of Germany was represented degenerative, silly, crafty. It turned out that the world is nothing else to do but to be conquered by Germany. Both newspapers that I bought were once respected publication with a good reputation. Now change not only the content. Changed and style. It was quite impossible.

I began to watch the person sitting next to me. He ate, drank and happily devoured the contents of the newspapers. Many in the beer also read newspapers, and no one showed the slightest sign of disgust. It was their daily spiritual food, familiar as beer. »
(Erich Maria Remarque "The Night in Lisbon»)

"Looking at Chanson said, the essence of power is not that urkagan can start a war. The essence of power is that he can continue to stay urkaganom, if such an order would give exactly the right moment - when the boys turn to it. And no other rule, there is only death with knives or plums in motherfuckers.
The ancients understood this, there is no current.
Indeed, the art of the ruler is reduced only to the fact that as long as possible to pretend that govern the carrier you tornado, contemptuous smile answering the pangs of subjects that a tornado sweeping is not there.

The same applies to many other »
(V.Pelevin S N U F F)

Tags

See also

New and interesting