New flight "Lunokhod"

Last night, some Muscovites could see an unusual sight - a truck that was transporting two objects like flying saucers.

I think very few who saw realized that it really spacecraft, and certainly no one guessed what it was.

Meanwhile, on the eve of Cosmonautics Day was realized idea suggested four months earlier: to allow space enthusiasts steer "Lunokhod".

Implement the idea - the employee NPO. SA Lavochkin, the chief center of spacecraft structures, Ruslan Vladimirovich coma. This is a man who has more than thirty years been involved in the creation of these spacecraft, and in his free time engaged in recreating automatic interplanetary stations, satellites, lunar rovers and rovers using technological models that have remained in production since the development of the apparatus.

Earlier I talked about his "Hangar 18" , where he not only reconstructs the Soviet / Russian space ships and unmanned vehicles, but and American Apollo. Its aim is the noblest - inspire the younger generation astronautics, space to grow a decent shift, educate her on examples of successful exploration and development of the solar system and universe.

NPO. SA Lavochkin - large enterprise, but for educational activities to allocate additional funds can not. At the same time, the leadership understands the importance of such work. At the plant rebuilt nice museum that takes the tour (although their organization is fraught with additional difficulties, since the enterprise modal). Komaevu also help all the plant, ranging from leadership that has found the means to repair "Hangar 18", to simple mechanics, which come on the weekend to turn the nut in the Gagarin nasovskom Apollo or "East».

Then I suggested to run "Lunokhod-2" by April 12, so that all had a chance to try yourself as a rover driver. Rather it was an old idea Ruslan Vladimirovich, I only its actualized - proposed date and place - Festival Astronautics VVC . But there is space and facilities for the conqueror of the moon is not found, but liked the idea of ​​the leadership of the Moscow Planetarium. Then they managed without me. And then, in the evening on April 10 entered its gates "KamAZ" laden history of the Soviet space, "Lunokhod-2" lander mission "Vega".

Practically had to unload at night, because of restrictions on the movement of heavy trucks in Moscow.

The first "flew" "Vega". At this time, not to Venus and Halley's Comet, and the entrance to the planetarium.

Ruslan Vladimirovich could not leave my baby, so actively involved in the handling. And flatly refused to pose for photographs.

Unfortunately, I do not know the names of the other participants and installation works.

Space stations are installed at the entrance, and a preview of their money will not take. So even if you can not sit at the helm of the driver moonwalker, the view and take pictures no one should interfere.

Entourage planetarium very well with machines.

Neither coma nor NPO. SA Lavochkin for this festive event will not receive money. From financial assistance to its reenactment activities, he also refuses. Therefore, if someone wants to support his work, better write a letter in Khimki administration supporting the idea of ​​building an educational and entertainment of the popular science Astro-Space Centre.

- There is a touch surface!
- Congratulations on a successful landing, comrades.

Next in line - "Lunokhod-2»

Please note right above the roofs of houses in the sky shines orange Mars. He now confrontation , so it is very bright.

With the weather this evening with luck. Something sublimely romantic there unloading spacecraft, at the entrance to the planetarium, in the light of the moon, Jupiter and Mars.

"Lunokhod-2" were planted in two stages. Please just put next to lunodromom.

Small area, sanded, fitted not very convenient - under the overpass, which greatly complicate the process of unloading. The hooks on cranes - for wimps. Space engineers strapped anything to anything if need be.

Overpass is so low that can not open the solar cell at high gain antenna can also cause problems.

One small step for man ...

And giant ladder for all mankind!

It is not an easy job: to inspire children cosmos.

Jib crane with great difficulty was able to squeeze under the soffit. "Lunokhod-2" had to help manually, but in the end, the lunar landing went well.

Next three days Ruslan Vladimirovich Komaeva and / or his assistants will be available at the entrance to the Moscow Planetarium. On Friday afternoon, they will be "learning to walk" "Lunokhod-2", and at night - to unload at the entrance to the Planetarium SpK the world's first spacecraft "Vostok».

Take the helm of the "Lunokhod-2" will be in the Cosmonautics Day on April 12 and 13 April. I will try to tell you how it will be. I know that the remote control Lunokhod recreated in the image of the present, but the management regime it has two: the actual "rover" - with a joystick, and "Planetary" - command set (For details on this mode of us рассказывал rover driver Curiosity).

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/dauria/blog/218973/

Tags

See also

New and interesting