The Great Patriotic war: frontline soldier blog

Unique footage - scan frontline diary participant 2 nd World War. Interesting records to reflect the true sense of impending victory and endured hardships. In it everything that went through our country in the terrible years of war. Read on!

Ahead of the enemy barricades, mines, right and left of the water. Attacked three times, suffered 50 percent losses of personnel and all officers. I was a liaison officer and took command when the third brought the order to attack.
Beats grenade, knife Roesch fox hole. Top-cell trench covers the boards. Do you hear a shot, and by the time the fall of grenades were mostly trying to get into the hole. Grenade splits the board, if not falls into the gap between the boards. In the foxhole when the grenade hit, observation leads from the rear, and if it is necessary to attack or shoot up call. Before the enemy - 100 meters. Even at night the highway sweep so that to go for food and ammunition dangerous. Blades not razvedeshsya.

On the eighth day, a phone call from the chief of staff was ordered to attack. All the soldiers were sitting on separate cells along the way. To jump out and run over the cells to pass an order, twice showed a shovel, and then a machine gun - all. The third time he jumped. When running, the rain machine gun fire pierced the ground beneath their feet, and even between his legs. I managed to run two cells, shouting: "At a signal from the rocket forward to the barricade!" In the third cell jumped on someone's head. Then in the same way - in a fifth cell. Sergeant Chufarov not let me out. Nervous tension playing with death so exhausted that I agreed. Very tired. He rested, and an hour later returned to his trench. The telephone does not work. The cable was cut by a bullet.

Before dawn, taking advantage of the darkness, came to the barricade, and dug, making a lot of noise. The fog cleared. Near the house of the trench protruding legs. The Germans have beaten his sergeant.
I go out on the road with underwear white shirt on a stick and went up to the barricade for negotiations by offering the German surrender.
The Germans ran out of barricades me with rifles in their hands. Dive to the wreckage in the water and getting ready to fight to the end.
-Rus, Do not shoot, prisoners go! - Shouted the Germans.

April 18 was ordered by phone to meet the tanks and bring them to the firing positions. During the war, I was so used to the ground, he refused the offer of tankers to get into the tank and ran ahead of them under fire, indicating firing position, the German attack repelled. (Area I knew well - the area of ​​defense of my platoon).

April 20, 1945. Comes. We have eight people to run over a barn. German machine gun opened fire. I have seen the splinters fly off from the boards and falling people.
- Mate, Dobey! - Asked the soldiers wounded in the stomach.
I saved rack shed ».

From the memoirs of 406 L.S.Sverdlova OPAB.
"On the Road is a barricade: Slate sheets stacked to a height of three meters. The defense holds "folkshturm." The land on either side of the road flooded with water. Our officer, it was Titov went envoy to the barricade, and brought with him 28 German boys with guns, all born in 1929, including several wounded. Young boys, all under the Swifts poluboks. Baranovsky came the chief of staff, looked at them. He ordered to take the Germans weapons and disband all home, and that was done ... ".

Tags

war

See also

New and interesting