Cottage for Starling

Well, here come the spring off-season. The most sad and my favorite time of year.
And then there is love? Dirt, alternating with icy wind and sleet. Snowmobile immobilized and Blocks still go through snowdrifts, hunting is closed. Dead time on the principle of "work-home." Melancholy and despondency. But then we come to the aid of children. One evening there was a clatter of small feet and two pairs of little eyes staring at me in the best traditions Shrekovskogo Puss in Boots.
Dad - the beginning of the elder - will soon become quite warm, the birds fly! It is necessary to build them a house.
Junior at the time, his mouth in a sweet, actively portrayed Cat.
And I thought: "Why, in fact, no!".
Every year, we have to make the medallions for hunting trophies, because the workshop will not run, because it was necessary to master the basics of carpentry, including technology "aging tree».
What is an ordinary birdhouse? Box! Yes - a useful, practical, but banal.
"We'll go another way!» ©

24 photo.

1. After repairs baths there are many different scraps planed planks of different widths and thicknesses. This is one of them and we will build the first "pilot" facility.
Instrumentation common. Screwdriver bits, jigsaw, "the wife of a Bulgarian» , a chainsaw, drills, brushes, metal, screws and a pair of brushes.

2.Razmechaem

3.Srazu tap-hole drill holes.

4. Main components. From them, and we will "dance" on.

5.Sobiraem on "living thread" and mark up the bottom and back of the base. (I recommend carefully draws the contours of parts relative to each other for the final assembly it will be important

6.Vypilivaem bottom base with large tolerances with respect to the overall dimensions of the birdhouse

7. "disfiguring" the rear panel.

8.Vypilivaem roof elements, one for "spoiling" their lower ends.

9.Sobiraem on "living thread". It is important to adjust battens and decorative elements.

10.Izgotavlivaem and customize small things. Since the general construction of 50mm through the base is not easily decided to make a spacer in the bottom of the boards.

11.Sobiraem all "dry" for troubleshooting stocks.
Roughly - say? Clumsy. Taki, yes! Next will be even worse!

12.Razbiraem this mess

13.dlya perch was used an ordinary pine bitches picked up in a nearby forest.

14.Raspogodilos. We transfer the action to the yard. Yes and turn the garage into a branch of carpentry workshop extremely smiling, because the battle is entering "a Bulgarian wife."

15.Nadetoy grinder with a wire brush to choose from soft wood fiber board. That such a state. We handle all the details, and only from the outside. Trying not to touch the lines marking coupling parts.
The work is very dusty and chips I had eaten enough. ATTENTION!!! During operation, in addition to the chips flying out from under the grinder fly as metal hairs of the brush. Because glasses are not relevant. Only full-size mask.

16.Chtoby reduce the amount of dust and thick labor base is pretreated chainsaw.

17.Prishel superintendent. Nyuhnul dust prochihalsya, promaterilsya promyaukalsya and left grumbling.

18.Sobiraem. All the main elements on screws for wood, thin-walled elements of decor, flat strips are mounted on the finishing nails. After that you can again go to places Bulgarian interface for rounding corners.

19.Vrode happened. And then came the daughter ...

20.Ukoriznenno looked at me and issued: - Dad, what kind of a house without a fence?
I had to take a bead, rounded him with a knife and grinder, and depict the fence.

21.Krasim. And here there was a "ambush ambush" .Slozhilos the impression that the manufacturers of paints and stains are gaining only color-blind. I went through 4re various stains from different manufacturers. All 4reh color "Rosewood" had a range from mahogany to light oreha.No that was not absolutely need. I had to improvise with mixing and consistency.
We cover the stain in 2 layers and a matt alkyd paint for exterior use. The most time-consuming procedure of work. Before each new layer had to withstand 12 hours.

22.Nu here. Everything is ready, we got a kind of chamber's pogryzenny time. The customer, in the face of the children happy, I killed time with benefits. Let's hope that the residents will not claim.
PS. Scrap boards are still many, I think, even for a couple of birdhouses I've had enough. A plan to make housing for clocks in the gazebo, the wife asks the coffee table of the same technology, and of medallions for trophies, where do without it.
ALL.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting