Night blind

Interesting story about how a man voluntarily deprived himself of. The truth is just for a day. Still, impressive ...

Further - more (by the author)

That's how come I deprived myself of. Close up eyes with cotton and tape, and spent the night in total darkness.

I must say about the causes. It was not an art action, or, say, a desire to understand the sense of blind people. It is simply impossible. It seems to me that somehow imagine the world of the blind - you need to spend at least in this mode for several weeks ...

In general I have a phobia, here I am a couple of years for some reason I often think about blindness. And I do not like those thoughts. In this vision I have everything in order. I try to meet your fears. Whether it's complicated explanations, a difficult conversation, and more. Here in this time too.

Another reason - to look inward. With his eyes closed in a big city it is possible. To understand something new. Feeling ... I do not pretend to any originality and marginality, know that someone spent on a similar experiences in Finland and Russia ... This experience has been primarily interested in me personally.

And, as it turns out interesting people close to me. Phenomenal clever Bilgeizilya_clockwork. Reliable and precise Valentinvalentin_ru. Selfless Nastyabut_happy. Responding Pashashyan. Wonderful, but what's there! native Ira tortoizze, which we once had breakfast at Tiffany's, and still commit, I'm sure more than one excellent adventure (your words) - thank you! Without you, nothing would have happened.
For them, vozivshihsya me this watch - it is also, I think, was an important experience. On the one hand, it was possible to joke, to mock and frolic (with passion that we do) - how would all make-believe, but on the other hand, I understand and feel that they are fully aware of all their responsibilities - to be a guide at vobshchem practically helpless friend.

I thank also the operator Misha, who took off a little bit. Maybe we are out of the story to make a video and put it in the net.
In this post, photo only - the operational source. Much remains to be osmylit and articulate. Describe the feeling is not very work. Terribly, terribly hurt your eyes. Half an hour later he will call a taxi to take him to the airport. (Riga - soon!). But still need to collect things and thoughts. And a little sleep. Because yesterday is not very turned out.

In short, as there is very superficial Digest:
Smelling have not developed at all.
But the world of sound baffle at once! Hearing instantly comes to the rescue. You hear motives nuances, the main rhythm ... and all of this does not merge into a continuous cacophony.

Questions about sex with a blind person has been discussed for an hour after the start of the experiment. And as it turned out from the conversation - vzolnovali they are not only the object but also actors.
Tactile sensations - to hell. I touched the letters on a leather menu at some booths on the monument, even (simple tasks) on a box with raised letters mail. It is useless.

Gourmets eat with your eyes closed. Now I know why. It's like with music. You just physically can not eat in a hurry, because you feel the taste of all the ingredients separately and simultaneously in general.
The experience with the movie. Wonderful people work at the box office cinema "5 stars for Novokuznetsk." Armenian. I can not describe it, because I did not see, though to buy a ticket. I do not charge a fee to become a "blind" and volunteered to carry out to the hall. The film was idiotic. Within 20 minutes of the conversations I could not understand anything at all. I have discussed the current image with friends - a total mismatch.

Escalators are not terrible.
In the restaurant, the waiter brought me not politically correct menu.
Even a small curb, unhappy pristupka, is incredible opastnost for blind person.
On the streets, in the subway (the stories of friends) of people running "the effect of a second look." The first captures something abnormal, the second time the man is already turns to gaze at the anomaly.
But I'm up to society in general did not care. I have not seen him. Although my guide dogs in some points (again the stories) experienced moments of embarrassment ... no, no. Simply unusual and new for yourself the feeling.

I never remember the color. Red, blue, orange - these words meant nothing.
Here, very briefly, and all. After some time, it will finish and I will still (I'm sure more than once) will return to this topic. Again, I refer those interested to the radio program - there is much more.
Sorry for the errors and punctuation, writing hastily really eye under considerable pressure.
May God grant us all to see, to hear, to drive, to breathe, to keep.
Thank you and see you. Sincerely to drop. Alex.

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting