Mytishchi cars in the New York subway!

Borisgoldenberg writes in ru_metro, LJ:

I decided today to see recently downloaded online new movie Code (The Code) with Banderas and Freeman. A few minutes after the beginning of the film the characters are at the station Grand Central Station New York sabveya where the tunnel to the platform arrives ... ... Blaauw train from Mytishchi cars series 81-717 / 714 !!! I'm shocked and do not understand what's going on -
Pay at the inscription on the column with the name of the station. By the way, this point in the film, the train has stopped, but half of the car is in the tunnel American flag at the Mytishchi car - just a bomb

11 ph with kamentah from the community ru_metro

Therein Banderos gets on the train and goes to the next station Vernon-Jackson avenues., Where he goes -

Pay attention again to the station name on the column -

I'm quite intrigued, go to Wikipedia to find out the types of pastures in the NY subway. Mytishchi cars there do not detect, but I read an interesting remark - "It is curious that, according to the film The Code (2008) in the New York subway cars go alleged 81-717 / 714 production Mytishchi machine-building plant." - In both!

Then the fun.

I go to the website The Intenet Movie Database (IMBD.com) read the information about the movie and filming locations in the section I read that in addition to States as the shooting took place in Bulgaria - in Sofia.
At the same site go to the forum of this film ... and lo and behold, I see the topic: How come russian metro cars in american subway ?? .. On this issue, saying that the answer is not an American movie filmed in the subway, and the Sofia, Bulgaria .

On the one hand, I understand that in the Sofia metro should be clearly Mytishchi cars, on the other hand, the station in Sofia may not look like New York - with bare riveted instead of an I-beam columns.
The Sofia metro, as well as any subway in eastern Europe was based on sovetstkih model projects, technologies and approaches to the design of stations. So the Sofia metro, consists mainly of typical shallow column station that can not be confused with the style of the New York sabveya.

Looking ahead, I suggest immediately see how to really look the real New York station, Grand Central Station and the Vernon-Jackson avenues -

This odnosvod poor and there is a real station Grand Central.

And this is the real Vernon-Jackson and its real train

A few species of Vernon-Jackson -

In Moscow, with even the most seedy underground passage does not look so miserable. On the other hand, this station is 20 years older than the oldest stations of the Moscow Metro.

///

Well, then everything is quite simple. Looking through the pictures of the Sofia subway stations, I realized that feykovye tower Vernon-Jackson and Grand Central made of a single-span station Slivnitsa Sofia -

Put riveted sham columns nalepili stickers with the name of station wagons and repainted in an obscure color

Really hats off to the filmmakers - shape feykovye stations leaves no doubt that this is the real station of the New York subway. You follow even small details such as the marking prvilno real route on the window of the car that enters the frame just for a split second -

The answer to the question "why have not removed the real station and the real cars?" Is very simple. The cost of similar surveys in the United States would be ten times more expensive. Especially at such a facility as a subway.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting