Pastel painting Lesley Harrison

29 works and text.

01. "I was born with a love of animals. I think she's in my blood, "- says of himself American artist Lesley Harrison (Lesley Harrison). Leslie has been painting professionally for 33 years. She managed to combine love of animals with a passion for painting, which resulted in a beautiful series of paintings of animals, portraying them, the artist manages to not only catch the spirit of each of them, but the audience and convey individuality, grace and power of each animal.

source

Lesley Harrison - one of the best master of pastel painting. Her lively and colorful work is often confused with the paintings, painted in oils, or even photos. In order to achieve the greatest degree of realism, Harrison works on velor paper, which smooths lines and color, but also uses sand paper, which sharpened the most important details.
In 1975, when Leslie Harrison picked up the pastel crayon, she realized that it was the love of my life. By 1983 it had sold enough paintings to quit your job and live completely given creativity.
Master the skills of drawing with pastels is difficult enough, but American artist has succeeded in this, and has earned several professional awards for his excellent technique. She is also a member of the Society pastel painting in America.

Speaking about himself, Leslie Harrison admits that she is very lucky, because people like the fact that it draws, and they buy her work. A couple of times she watched as spectators simply stood before her paintings and crying under the influx of emotions. What more could wish artist? It's the greatest gift. Her work is appreciated and loved for one simple reason: all that is created from the soul touches the heart and soul of others. Each animal Leslie is portrayed as a person, it does not matter, it is a cat, a wolf or a horse. She wants to convey to the audience the spirit and emotions that evoke the animal in it.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting