In the plane on the train - all on the street? (13 photos)

The author writes, romadm:

Quite often, in everyday life, I hear this question by people far removed from the aircraft. "Is it true that on the plane on the train - all on the street?" And indeed, if the train we see the opening bowl carried by sleepers, the plane can not see anything. Does this mean that waste products are not fly out?

First, let's define what we've got on the plane for everything to be clean and hygienic. The aircraft usually have a system of water supply and waste disposal system.
The water supply system fueled with drinking water from the vehicle before departure

Water has a compliance certificate and a receipt. I do not know as it passes control to carpool, but I assure - pass, and quite thorough. This water can be drunk straight from the hose (though I'm not a fan). Before leaving it loaded into the aircraft tank (200 liters A-320). Usually filling is completely until the edges begin to pour (standing drainage tube and the water begins to overflow onto the platform).

Then the water is fed into the boiler (then passengers in tea), sinks and other sinks. The A-320 a little water is taken to wash the toilet after each pressing. The Tu-154 do not, for their own water bowl.

So I will tell you a secret that water from the sink (and drain from the boiler) flies directly overboard out. Washed their hands with soap and water after a couple of seconds is in free flight at an altitude of 10 km. This happens through a special spout at the bottom of the aircraft fuselage.

Tucked into the water tank water is distributed consumers (sinks and other boilers) under pressure. The pressure generated in the tank by air compressors. Everything is quite simple. On older Tu-154 and Tu-154 some are 3 water tanks (perdny lobby, the buffet food in the middle of the passenger compartment and rear toilets). And from there the water flows by gravity! Just tanks located above the ceiling. The system gives a lot of trouble to maintain. At least when you consider that it is necessary to fill each tank separately, running around the aircraft with a hose.

Now, about the toilets and toilets. As you know, deal with the dregs of toilets as well as water from sinks - not good. Therefore, all purged fall into a special tank (170 liters of A-320). The picture for the Tu-154M:

The tank is the whole point is stored and accumulates the entire flight. In the bathroom on the A-320 and Tu-154, there are some differences.

The A-320 Disposal of the toilet takes place by means of vacuum. In general, the shit just sucks in the tank. I do not know how realistic cling to the toilet, but it's better not to experiment, because it is theoretically possible.

At the Tu-154 in the tank waste is a filter, which traps larger particles (bueeee), filtered and sent to pump back upstairs to flush the toilet. Generally, after a long flight the concentration of bad things in the water will increase. To this slurry is strongly not stank, the tank was added chemistry (small bags thrown straight into the pot, which then dissolve and disinfect water). The principle of operation and the smell of the chemical is the same as in the normal composting toilets. Shit chasing circle mercilessly. The Boeing-737 Classic system is exactly the same.

The liquid in a toilet should be filled in advance, which is done before each flight.

Sometimes passengers and guides that the thread is dropped directly into the pot. That's when the problems begin technicians. If it kettle lid, then it becomes a real problem that could damage the plane for the long term. This is not the plumbing, which can quickly cycle through. Before the pipes in the plane yet to be reached, and it is very difficult.

But when something is dropped accidentally, it can be understood.

But the people who put their tampons and diapers !!! It's all a matter swells and kills the system. We have to come up with ways to get this whole thing. Can you imagine how hatred arises for these passengers to the people who are on duty must maintain the aircraft in good condition? I have no words. Comrades passengers, please use the trash. They are not invented for nothing.

Thus plane arrives at the destination airport. Immediately after the meeting pulls machine service toilets with a large corrugated hose.

Control panel on the ground. Tu-154M

Boeing-737 of

The tank is emptied through the opening in the machine.
Sometimes the hose can break and everything just spilled out onto the platform. Sometimes people.

In this work, the most important thing - lightning reaction. In time to escape before the whole thing has not reached the head and face.

Sometimes the toilets flushed to remove what stuck to the walls of the tank, or did not work for some reason immediately.

Okay, the plane clear. But where is it going away even further? In your car tank. The machine goes to a special place. Not all techniques been there and knows where it is and how it looks. The spectacle is just awful. The smell is impossible. It is a bit like a swimming pool 10x5 meters and a depth of 1, 5 meters.

The damper in the car opened and the contents poured into the pool. If again something gets stuck, we have to pick out metal bars and sticks. Especially experienced amateurs can do it hands (and there are such people, get used to everything). Especially nice to remember the passengers on that flight. Sometimes there is a desire to throw them in the pool, so that the brain included, when something is thrown in the toilet of the aircraft.

The pool has some stock, but I did not have the heart to explore where does it disappear more.

I hope I was able to cover this delicate subject.

via romadm.livejournal.com

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting