Abandoned synagogue in 1532 and the old cemetery.

On the picturesque banks of the meandering Zbruch in western Ukraine is the village Satan, half of it is at the Khmelnitsky olbasti half Ternopil. Slaven this village for many things: the ruins of the fortress of Peter and the archaeological excavations of the ancient Zvenigorod, and the sources of unique mineral water ... All this I will somehow tell, but first tell about the synagogue in 1532 built and abandoned Jewish cemetery with very interesting plates .
So,

01 - General view of the synagogue, and in the foreground on the left begins the cemetery

First, a little about the science of letters the building and its architecture.

SYNAGOGUE, 1532
Stone. It consists of a rectangular in terms of volume of the main hall and the adjacent low areas. Overlapping semicircular arches with pointed stripping. The walls are reinforced with buttresses.

The primary means of artistic expression of the monument is blank arcature attic in the Renaissance style, finishing facades. Atticus also played the role of combat tiers had loopholes. Decorative acanthus zone masking rainwater - characteristic of synagogues XVI century-has not been preserved.

The monument - a characteristic product of the Renaissance.

02 Fresh ground - a sign of activity moles)))

03 - the cemetery on the Mount. It located on the outskirts of the village.

04 - who are able to translate the inscription? It would be interesting!

06 - it's all a mystery to me ...

10 - do not know what it is ...

16 - in fact, the synagogue itself. It looks like a fortress.

17 - wall overgrown with vines and have a romantic view.

18 - inside it is not difficult to get.

20 - some coat of arms.

22 - the altar?

27 - I liked these pictures, they have something ...

28 - lateral wall of mini-fortresses.

Dobavleno1 in [mergetime] 1262731673 [/ mergetime]
That's all, folks! Who knows more about such facilities, or can read the writing - write kamenty, it will be interesting to learn something new !!!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting