Strong people: Soccer in the dark

In the football arena "Spartacus" began the second international football tournament among the blind. In the tournament involving four teams - Russia, Belarus, Spain and Greece.

I must say that I do not understand how to play football, not seeing any field or ball, no opponent, no gates. Nothing, absolutely. This is something that does not fit in my head at all. So when I came on the arena and watched the workout players, a good half hour trying to get used to and understand how it all happens.

They do not see, but hear very well. Therefore, do not play the conventional ball and "rattle" - ball sound system built with balls and players determine its location by the sound. The ball is heavy and almost no rebounds. Previously, these balls are made only in Brazil and pricey. Now they have established production in Russia. And not just anywhere, but in the "Vladimir Central" (FPS №2 Vladimir region).

The match is carried out in two periods of 25 minutes, with substitutions during the game. The team on the field five people: four players and a goalkeeper. Form usual, except for one detail - blindfold. In fact, there is not only a bandage - before the game all eyes glued special stickers to all players with varying degrees of blindness to put on an equal footing. The dressing also protects against injuries during the game.

26 ph reportage © drugoi

In addition players in the game and take part in the so-called coach "Guide" - usually it is behind the opponent's goal and "suggests" players of his team at the target, directs their actions. It helps players and a goalkeeper - he rules sighted or partially sighted.

Judged match two judges (on the field yesterday was our Spaniard). They watch the game, players are fined "fouls" and help them in the game, there are occasions when the ball stops and the players lose it. The judge then runs up to him and begins to tap the shoe soles on the ball to his "heard».

Along the field installed soft bumpers - they play the role of stopper space, help players carry the ball, there arise the most active confrontation.

There are almost no perepasovki, long passes, Tackle. Players use personal skill in dribbling, driving the ball down the field in short strikes, constantly monitoring and trying to focus on the field, following the instructions of the coach and the "guide". The most amazing thing when a player scores a blind sighted goalkeeper. How should you feel the space to strike the right you invisible ball and get to the gates of the invisible - the mind boggles.

Zeroing on the training. Goalkeeper at this time directs the player's voice and knocks his hand on the bar, determining the size of the gate

They play on the same team, but never saw each other. In the center - the 11th number, Andrei Kovalev.

The opening ceremony with speeches of officials and orchestra.

The orchestra played the anthems of all four countries, the teams which are taking part in the tournament.

All grown-up, really - the team singing the Russian national anthem.

Football Federation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, as it is written in the press release, was registered just two years ago, and the guys have already successfully participated in the European Championships in the French Nantes (7th place prize of fair play), got the right to speak at the 2010 World Cup in England.

The professor, eye surgeon Igor Medvedev - a man who promotes in Russian football for the blind. It is, as I understand from the press release, organized the establishment of the Federation (FFSS), and now supports her finances. On the title page of the site name Medvedev mentioned dozens of times.

Belarusian coach gives his advice guys before the game.

Stickers on the eyes - a mandatory ritual.

Football for the blind sound picture is similar to tennis - there is also a tribune during a game are silent, and the players - no. According to the rules of football viewers must maintain complete silence, and the players comment on their actions, giving to know his opponent and his comrades about his whereabouts. Making a particular maneuver, the player must clearly and loudly say "Howl" ("go" in Spanish), or simply "I" or "mine" in Russian.

Confrontation is happening with serious and can hit the ball very hard and unexpectedly.

Players of Russia: Vyacheslav Tenants, Minivagyz Sharafetdinov Constantine and Alexander Stork Gurtovenko

Strips of white adhesive tape designated goalkeeper, penalty, the central line. The goalkeeper may not take the ball with his hands outside the goalmouth.

It is the senior coach of our national team - Nicholas Coast.

The fight at the side.

On match gathered a few dozen spectators. Find Spartak arena without knowing the road, even in a car is not so easy. Navigator to the "Yandex-map" I was getting very confused and I go there asking for directions from locals.

The Russian team beat Belarus with a score of 2: 0 and the field came the Spaniards and Greeks.

The team of Spain - one of the strongest in the world. It began to take place in Spain the first national championship in football among the blind - even in 1986

The difference in class, of course, is very noticeable. The Spaniards are playing so that sometimes you forget who is on the field, it seems that they see the field. However, the team of Greece, where they play solid build guys aged successfully fought with fast, brisk Spaniards and even scored his one goal.

It is necessary to stop the ball and stop "sound" as they lose it, helplessly looking around and trying to find the opponent's hands.

Once during the period it can take a minute timeout.

Corner is certainly not served, and play together. At the bar, too, are two, not one as in an ordinary football.

The team of Russian football for the blind to participate in the world championship to be held in England from 14 to 22 August 2010 We wish the boys luck.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting