About cats, foxes and fried bacon

Describes nature photographer Igor Shpilenok

Tri-color Rysku gave our family friends in Kamchatka. The circumstances were such that I flew for five months in the winter in the Kronotsky Nature Reserve, and his wife and children - to the United States to parents. Rysku no one to leave, and she went in a cardboard box with me in a helicopter to a hundred and fifty kilometers to the north of Petropavlovsk. In another box I followed her personal baggage - supply of cat food for six months.
Our house, and honestly - old wooden shed, once built a remarkable naturalist Vitaly Nikolayenko, standing on the overgrown ancient stone birch headland moraine, which go into the tundra. Under the cape a river Quiet, teeming with fish, and per kilometer tundra breathed Pacific. In clear weather from the cape opened four snow-white peaks of volcanoes: Big Semyachik, Kikhpinych, Krasheninnikov and Kronotsky.
6 ph + letter

I brought insulated shed Isover and Lining, cut off the roof, installed a new pipe burzhujku and - in general, turned the barn into evrosaray. I gather firewood, rebuilt the decrepit bridge over ice-stream. Cat in the meantime destroyed all voles and shrews underground.
Ryski have had a habit to wake me an hour before sunrise. Every fine morning we were the first in Russia greeted the sunrise over the ocean. I'm stoked burzhujku, brewed coffee, fried eggs the first month in lard; and then when I ran out of eggs, baked pancakes. The smell of bacon was Narcotic reserved for local foxes, dozens of generations that do not know what is hunting them. In the morning they had previously come to the cabin to enjoy a delicious smell. They even fought for the right to stand closer to the window of the hut, not only smell, but to see the fat!

It was then Ryska and showed his character. She herself, spoiled cat food, do not eat any fat or stew, or crushed it voles and shrews - his whole production to the last tail, she proudly brought me to report. But to fox sniffing master's fat !!! Such arrogance and unscrupulousness Ryska they could not afford!

Within a radius of 50 meters from the house, she rushed lioness fox! There was a case that terrified Patrikeevna she drove to the inclined tree. She even tried to attack passers-by bears. Those not very afraid of her, but it's still added step ...
I began to shoot foxes Rysku for the family album. After returning to the mainland, and his wife took one of the pictures sent to London for Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition - a contest in which victory - a peak in the career of any photographer shooting wildlife. And take a picture and a victory in the category of «Urban and Garden Wildlife».

Ryska now lives with us in the Bryansk Forest. Also it wakes me up every day for an hour before dawn, but sometimes I would be happy exceptions. Here are just a few foxes here and they are fearful ...

And this is - a picture-winner

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting