From a press photographer and traveler Ilya Varlamov

The first part here

35 photos of press photographer and traveler Ilya Varlamov

For 2 days our expedition has overcome 700 km. We moved to the south of the island, which looked at the waterfalls, beaches with black volcanic sand and basaltic rocks. Despite the season, virtually no tourists, empty road, I start to wean look in the mirror. In the hotels, too, little people. While one of the main problems is the food. Restaurants here there is little, in hotels dinner is not always provided, and an assortment of supermarkets resemble Soviet supermarkets.

In the morning we drove out of Reykjavik, Iceland's capital to the south. After about 20 km along the road began to appear small geysers and boiling fetid puddles.

Due to the fact that a small amount of boiling puddles, tourists do not stop here, no one will stop taking pictures

The weather in Iceland is changeable. Within 5 minutes the sky can Zavolochye clouds and a strong start in Livigno, and within 5 minutes the sun will shine.

By the way, very low cloud from the ground.

I did not understand what it is. Or cemetery without names or a monument to some ...

Even in Iceland is very respectful of nature. Here, at every step of the natural attractions: craters, waterfalls, nature reserves and national parks, glaciers, etc., But still nowhere have I seen the waterfall paved concrete track or built a viewing platform. No tents and souvenir stalls with hot dogs. The most that people can afford, it is a few wooden tablets and ropes that enclose the track. If people leave here tomorrow, a year later, nothing will remind of the past human presence here. And, of course, no one here does not take money for the opportunity to enjoy nature.

For 4 days I never saw any cash where it is not clear who should pay for the opportunity to look at a waterfall. In Russia, some even manage to take money for photography alone.

Our second stop was at Vick. They come here to watch the birds, see the basalt mountains and black beaches.

And here's a bird. Deadlocks one of the symbols of the island.

You can walk

Beauty ...

The beaches with black volcanic sand.

Particularly intrepid tourists swam, though the temperature does not rise above 12 degrees.

In the evening I decided to go to the glacier. At the foot of the mountains is snow-clearing equipment. In winter you can rent snowmobiles.

It began to rise to the clouds. In the mountains, you can move only the SUV, and even desirable in a jeep. My Grand Vitara basically very good yet up to the task, but to climb over rocks on a conventional rubber it is very difficult.

Here is the way, if to call in the cloud.

A little more, and a beautiful view.

Glacier I have not reached, dorgu ended, but did not want to walk.

And on the way back again, it started to rain, and the sun has not yet had time to escape, it was possible to observe a very bright double rainbow.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting