Beauty Suomi

Imagine Venice, only many times larger and do not limit ourselves with the city. With countless islands or, as they are called here, the archipelago, which are the city, village, and sometimes baths and nothing more.
And people wonder hospitable and extremely quick and sober-minded. And much more congenial to us than people blessed Venice.
It is Suomi, or, in our opinion, Finland.

Text and photos by the correspondent of "My Planet" and a nice photographer Mark Podrabinek

13 pictures

Our first stop - Kuopio, port town four hundred kilometers from Helsinki. It is the eighth largest city in Finland, and, frankly, more like a big village. This is perhaps the only place in Suomi, which more or less corresponds to the Russian stereotypes about the Finnish slowness.
And, of course, the local water. It reflects all the beauty of Finland, both literally and figuratively. In this series of photos of the sunset on the lake Kallavesi in Rauhalahti area, according to conservative estimates, it took half a liter of my blood - the mosquitoes are so stubborn that even trying to suck blood from the camera. Especially valuable to me was this series.

It Bengtchar lighthouse on the shores of the Gulf of Finland near Turku. It was built in 1906 and is 52 meters high recall the bombing of the Second World, the destruction, recovery and, finally, the status of tourist attractions and improvements comfortable hotel.

Group portrait of family Moomin with baby Myuyu. Tove Jansson, to come up with a fabulous Mumm-trolliny the world - has long been a national hero in Finland, and the heroes of her books live in the real world, on their personal peninsula where every day come to visit for a half thousand young men.

Gulls - the Finnish national disaster, and free entertainment for any tourist. In its enterprise and categorically they can compete only with the local tax police. Without exaggeration, they stole a ton of diverse food straight from the hands of careless citizens. On Trade Market Square in Helsinki, I am personally fed them black Finnish ice cream and hot dogs. Seagulls were not very patriotic, international hot dogs diverged much better.

And a couple more bonus

Well, the author of the photos finally

Mark what the right

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting