St. Petersburg, Palace Square, the start of the rally "Silk Road" 44foty

Today, September 11, 2010 from Palace Square in the middle of St. Petersburg started another rally series "Dakar" - "Silk Road».
The press reported that the launch is scheduled for 9 am. Appearing at this time the Palace has found a spacious "corral" in which the dense rows of parked cars, the rally participants. On the perimeter and a bit wider than standing police cordon in front of which was crowded, so had to take pictures with the dreaded "zoom" to pull up their hands almost blindly . So for the quality of some pictures I apologize in advance.
In startpost I decided to put a brave "duet" of two sport prototypes: Japanese and Russian.

02. passenger cars

Quite an unusual sport prototype without identification markings.

03. The profile guessed something of the Ford Focus. I suspect that the car garage Colin McRae authorship.

04. Here in the background you can see the "face" rally redovskogo "Focus", and in the middle of the frame - a buggy "free" class.

05. Buggy prototype of unknown authorship back (looks great on the background of the Winter Palace!).

06. Managed sfotat partial profile of this buggy through the clearance between the racing trucks (about them - in a separate block shots).

07. Do you think any of these three "of cars" is more likely to reach the finish?

08. Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution prototype

09. More truck brand Mitsubishi

10. Unidentified Japanese pickups. (suggest that Nissan)

11. Yellow blue "muzzle" - the same as in the previous frame.

12. Rally prototype based on the Land-Rover.

13. Brave rally car with a body "on the Volga" under the name of GAZ 31105 4x4 Night Wolves (2006).

14. Another unknown structure from Moscow.

15. Trinity VW Touareg.

16. Folksy bigger.

17. In the year before the picture is also visible to the scene, which was spread with third-class "dance-popsnya", alternating chants in psevdonarodnye remixes "a la tectonics." Poor my ears - I had in front of them for a long time to apologize!

18. Part 2: TRUCKS

The rally intended to participate pyat0k truck brands MAN.

19. MAN. Last preparations.

20. Although it was open to question, but in the rally-raid "Silk Road" is still attend the first racing truck brand "MAZ"! (TATRA and even shook the old days!)

21. A machine mazovtsev have got a real nice! (brothers Belarusians - Respect!)

22. On the Internet, specifically found a picture of this modification MAZ-5309.

23. Between IVECO and MAN fell in only red Mercedes.

24. Meares - rear view.

25. KAMAZ decided to participate once the family car!

26. "Seven Simeonov" in front.

27. KAMAZ in expanded form.

28. It seems to KAMAZ "technicals".

29. In the event of failure of some of the trucks near the start-Heavy duty wrecker.

30. Please note, a powerful lift it has a tow truck!

31. Part 3: MOTORCYCLES

Aside from a large area was modest single KTM, in front of which centered on his haunches smoking "ftykatel».

32. KTM from another angle.

33 Suddenly there was a roar of motorcycle engines and many of the square came a whole galaxy of bikes BMW, which I personally in my life never seen!

34. Then - no comment ...

35. __________

36. _________

37. _________

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting