18 minutes of happiness

Girl sitting on a bench and sobbed. She howled about impotence, it was bad, tears dripping on the tile floor with a deafening clatter, I just could not pass up. Gently approaching the bench, I sat down beside him and patted the girl on the back. Gently, gently, gently - perhaps only a mother could do it better than me.
The girl jerked to the side and looked at me anxiously. Her red from crying eyes studied my face, and I looked at her and saw a beautiful girl, which only at first glance seemed a girl, young and fragile.
The girl was about twenty-five years, she was pretty, but apparently she had a hard time in life - her gown hung on a hanger, thin arms and sunken eyes gave her a big problem.
Apparently, she saw in my eyes concern for her because moved back to me.

- Who you are? - She asked me.
 - I? I'm just a person who was, and saw you crying, and I .... I just could not pass up.
 - Why do you need it?
 - I do not know. Maybe I'm Batman?
 - Batman? - Finally she smiled and wiped her tears with his right hand and on his left hand she had a strange clock without dial pretty massive. I thought it was some special model that I just have not seen before.
 - Yes, yes, yes !!!
 - No, you do not like him, you look like the Tin Woodman. He had the same kind and tender heart.
 - Then you can not cry, because otherwise I do zarzhaveyu and find oil today is not so simple - I smiled in response.
 - I will not be more honest! - And it was so much sincerity in these words that I could not resist. I took her hand in his big hands, stroked her and kissed her tenderly once managed.
 - Oh! - She said - Thank you, Tin Woodman!
 - Then I'll call you Ellie! - I continue the game.
 - But friends do not call each other on you - she winked slyly.
 - Well, dear Ellie! We have not seen, you know, I was in the castle of the evil Bastinda, and won it. So I do not know how you're doing. Tell?
 - Well done! But I can not tell you anything. What do you know?
 - Because I really exciting, and I want to help you.
 - Honey Lumberjack! Unfortunately, I had no one able to help.
I carefully looked at her.
 - What happened?
 - What always happens to us, but you do not really need to know about it, because then you'll cry, and your joints are rusty. And the oil we have, remember?
 - Tell me then, what can I do to make you feel better?
 - I do not know .... Buy me apple juice. And chocolates, please! And probably, ice cream.
 - Of course, my dear Dorothy! I am now, you hear? Wait five minutes, okay? Do not go anywhere!
 - I believe that you will find me, the Tin Woodman, even if I'm gone. After all, we have linked our friendship, is not it?

Winking at her, I walked briskly for goodies. I went for a long time - it took almost fifteen minutes, instead of the promised five. I bought and chocolate, and ice cream, and juice, but that was not the important thing - I was carrying her huge hare, and a beautiful bouquet of flowers. After Ellie should not cry.

She saw me as soon as I walked into the hallway. Jumping up from his bench, she ran towards me shouting:
 - Tin Woodman returned, he came back, you hear? And I'm not afraid of anything, I will live, I will live forever, because ...... - suddenly broke off her scream, she stumbled and powerlessness against the wall. Watch her hand piercingly squeaked.
Package with goodies fell from my hands. It took only five seconds.

This peep out of some office ran out man in a white lab coat, and when he saw her, I cried:
 - Rather, here, help me, faster run-run !!!
I jumped up, clutching a hare, and waving a bouquet. The man was already beside her.
 - Help me lift it, and bring me more!
She sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. With difficulty lifting her head, she looked at me:
 - Woodman, you ... Thank you ... For me? Thank you ... Thank you ...

I carefully picked her up as the most expensive, the most valuable thing for me and briskly went for the doctor. She pressed the hare to his chest. It took another eight seconds.
We went into the room with a bright, blinding light. I was surrounded by some people, and took my alley from my hands. Someone started to push me out of this room, and I did not understand.

- Woodman, my dear ... lumberjack. - I heard a whisper. She called me.
I pushed the man who drove me to the door, and rushed to her. She said nothing, she just gave me a look, one look. Great tenderness, love, support, and hope I never felt. Her eyes closed and she was only a little more pressed to his hare.

Two minutes from the intensive care doctor came and sat on that same bench next to me.
Silently he took out a cigarette and offered me one. I shook his head.
 - She died - his words thunder sounded in the hallway lifeless.
I was motionless.
 - You know, she had a tumor, a large brain tumor. We could not do anything. I do not know who you are, and where it came from, but .... - He did not know what to say.

I picked up a bouquet of flowers, which have not had time to give her. He faded, pale, and even curled petals and dark. Only eighteen minutes of happiness, great happiness that .... Which is the most expensive in the world.

Bunch of dry, but do not crumble. He is the most prominent place in my apartment, and I fall asleep every night, staring at him. I'm happy. I know that dream come to me my alley.

© Dsident

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting