Business Unusual: cryonics

Bright rooms, a glass sarcophagus, people in silvery overalls, solemnly watching the readings of sensors ...
Approximately represented correspondent blogger grayscale first cryonics company in Eurasia.

Buy immortality in the Dewar flask in the suburban area can be as little as ten thousand dollars, made a pact with a country house.
23 photos

"The boy was cryostorage,
The liquid nitrogen is accidentally dropped ...
In a hundred years revived Maltz,
The boy began to cry - will fly from my father! "- Reads his poetry employee of the firm" KrioRus "Sergey Fedorovich.

- This service is connected with huge financial costs, you also offer their services for a nominal fee: $ 10 thousand for the preservation of the head or brain, and $ 30,000 for the entire body. But this amount can not cover the content of the body is infinitely long ... - I began to torment questions Daniel A., head of the company.
- The fact that the major costs are not costs of maintaining the body in a refrigerated condition, and to development. Elementary need to make repairs to prevent people fainted, buy equipment, train people. Storage costs are relatively small.

- But if we are talking about long-term storage, and it's not 50 years old and not even a hundred, then the money is still not enough.
- It's simple. We have different calculations and scripts: if any one else comes, we have a sequence of actions and a cost structure. There is another in which the number of customers the same or even slightly increasing, now we have to adhere to it.

- That is a pyramid?
- It's not really a pyramid. We can quite easily and indefinitely from his own pocket to pay for those patients who have. Load can only be a fixed amount, any future payments do not work because the family can at any time say, "You know, we ran out of money." Therefore it is necessary to take the full amount and say, "We have received all the money from you and did not want to take full responsibility and costs." In addition, we've got cryopreserved own family: my - my grandmother, the director - Mom, where friends, relatives, and friends, we can safely, even I alone pay bills for nitrogen.

- How much do you currently have frozen bodies?
- In Russia, 15 people have been cryopreserved, all with our participation except for the two that came before "KrioRus." Some stores do not have, and their relatives, but we helped to organize storage. We are 4 patients, who kept the whole body, and seven who have cryopreserved brain and only a couple more animals.

- I am in my life I have had to live for several political system, through the financial crisis and probably still happen any shocks. Your firm may take away the room, there was a fire ...
- There are no guarantees.
- So tomorrow you may lose?
- Yes, and money bye-bye, and all hope of recovery, too. We understand this and to be honest about this: "If you want guarantees, help us all to build a well, put in kriofirmu $ 100 million and it will be much safer."

- I could even imagine a revival, if there was cryopreserved living person, but you freeze corpses ...
- And there is no fundamental difference between a living man and a corpse, at least in the beginning. After 15 minutes, after the death of any person, in principle, still alive, unless of course he was not crushed by the ice rink. Using existing technology of any person within 15 minutes after death can be revived.
- Revive is possible, but in the brain irreversible changes occur.
- This is a fairy tale and myth, is very common, even to all the doctors and the population as a child this phrase, apparently on the radio when they wake up in the morning, saying: "After 5 minutes in the brain begin irreversible processes." I'll remember it by heart, although I know that is not true. - Daniel A. begins to explain the theory of using the word "reperfusion shock", "apoptosis", "denaturing" and "perfusion."

- Well, a dead body sorted out, but why separate head cryopreserved?
- For the person meets the brain, it can be transplanted into the body and sew using nanobots to everything else. Transplanting the head and body cultivation feasible even today. At the very end it will be technology transference of consciousness into a computer, so-called "loading." If we can fully consider the structure of the human brain and simulate it on a computer, then we get an analogue of a living person, who would be thought of as the original. A copy will feel the same person and will live indefinitely, until the computer shuts down.

- I understand that often the decision to take relatives of cryonics, and not the patient is ...?
- About half of the cases.
- But I would not like sudden death to realize that now I live head with tubes in solution or consciousness, to run on the computer chips, even in a beautiful distant future. I want to die at all.
- For this is the will of civil law, we can come to a notary public, or even verbally tell someone and know if it will, according to him should be done.
- And if people do not say, and relatives decided to cut off the head and freeze it?
- They have the law have that right. Since nothing was said, so he did not mind. The law of the burial and funeral business written that it defines a person during his lifetime, or relatives, or other legal representatives.

- For example, the director of the circus 27th century, comes in "KrioRus" and says he wants to get to the show from the two thousandth of a living person. This will give you the body, because the family was already found to be difficult?
- We have in the contract is written, "The best way to return a person to function in a living organism».
- And who do you trust this "living organism»?
- The decision on who to entrust the recovery of the body, is not likely to make the organization as an entity. And certainly in that society will not circuses.
- But we can not know, can then edit or shamans are programmers ...
- There's see how else?

- How does a man frozen in nitrogen?
- Just as the deceased. If he died of cancer - it is bad if a heart attack at a young age, then okay, but pale. The bodies are kept in sleeping bags, and head in metal containers.

- The history of life and disease anywhere is saved, it is the descendants of need?
- In good, it certainly needs to be done. If we transmit this information, we have it scan and store.

- For example, during routine frisk search of migrant workers in suburban areas, riot discovers hangar dismemberment with seven heads and four corpses ...
- We do not violate the law, but operate in a legal vacuum and understand this risk. Of course, there may be some outrage, but most people are adequate and possible dialogue with them. We have documents, acts of reception and transmission of bodies deposited, charter, where it says that we are engaged in scientific work, and so on.

- Neighbors know that there is?
- Yes, almost everything. Refer to this fine, well, maybe one disgruntled voice we've heard something.

- Customers are not confused by the way it looks? Hangar, rustic house ...
- You just need to know the history. Any breakthrough technologies, by definition, are made in the same conditions.

- In fact, people are buried here. Relatives come on the day of birth, death?
- Rarely, once in two years. In terms of family, sense of cryonics in the other, and they are not interested in the rituals.

- When the aged or dying because of diseases, the body is usually not ideal ...
- Problems of rejuvenation in the future will not be. Why aging problem now? Because we do not understand how it works, and in a hundred years, even if we ignore the cyborgization, nanotechnologies, "download" and just talk about biology, it will be possible to take a smart pill and become a young man.

- But why then freeze the whole body or the brain, because in the future it will be possible to restore the nail on the DNA and the whole person?
- The person is not saved. This is only a similar body. For example, I do not need to clone was grown, my, this is not enough to ensure that my personal immortality.

- What relatives do with the body, if you freeze your head?
- Cremation usually, sometimes funerals.
- Where then people come?
- To us. Of course, if they have the cemetery, they visit and there to there to do something. How do they deal with the psychological dilemma of finding a relative in 2 places, I do not know. I personally would not come any way or that way, well, may be kriofirmu I came to check that everything is not covered with a copper basin.

- In relation to its body, you have decided to cryonics?
- Of course! If we understand what the brain is, it becomes clear that you can download to your computer, and cryopreserved. It's just that most people have a variety of public programs that death is a good thing.

- With a religion you have complex relationships, perhaps?
- If you ask experts in the normal Orthodox faith, not popular, they say that the soul without the body is not so good and that about any eternal soul separate from the body, not a speech. Christianity involves a life of soul and body, respectively, there is a soul without a body - only a temporary stage that is not a good one. Moreover, from the point of view of Orthodoxy death - it is bad, and the physical resurrection in the future - it's good, and it is promised in the last line, "Creed." Essentially what we're doing with technology and relying on science, promises and Orthodox Christianity.
- But the main dogma of Christianity - is that the soul will go to heaven or hell ...
- It is a question of popular conceptions of religion. The main dogma of the Church of the other, this is what is written in the "Creed": "I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age." That has started all this for the sake of Jesus Christ came the second time, and our bodies are animated, so we do actually bury, according to the Orthodox canon bury not anywhere, put a plate so that it they revived the soul is reunited with the body and has become OK.

- Who are you majoring?
- Manager.
- That is to biology is irrelevant?
- Attitude I have, because I was engaged in a form of self-education in biology and a bunch of other natural sciences the last 10 years, and my first degree - a bachelor's degree in business administration in the private business school, and this is a very big help.

Danila A. Medvedev, livingtomorrow, PhD, futurist, member of the coordinating council of the Russian Trans-Humanist Movement, chairman of the board of directors of «KrioRus».

PS The day before yesterday turned 43 years old, as he was the first person cryopreserved.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting