Better than mountains can be only mountains

© my.

83 photos 1 FIDE

So, at the end of last year, it was decided that the New Year's holiday is not necessary to spend before eating salads telecom, and in the mountains to ski. The choice was between the Carpathians and Elbrus. Decided nevertheless to the Caucasus.
Theater begins with a hanger, and my journey started from the station Oryol

in a way nothing of note happening, so just 4 customs (at the entrance to Ukraine 2 and on the road, too, 2) and 30 hours of travel ... At the station Mineral Waters I met a taxi driver, with whom agree in advance about the transfer to the destination, and we went ...

You're about 30 minutes to go. Monuments of the first conqueror of Mount Elbrus - one Balkar, second Kabardian.

According to the taxi driver Kabardians Balkarians long argued one of them was a pioneer in the end plates with the monuments were cut off, and now no one knows who is who))

Azau Glade. 2350 m above sea level.
Turn on the lift.
Because I am a beginner skier, you carry with your camera I was afraid, was eventually selected day in which I climbed to 4200 with fotikom but without skis.
all photos 65 - shot in for 1, 5 hours following

Continuation of the queue ...)))

We go up to the station Old outlook

Art. Old memories. 2950 m.

Turn to the next turn, the cable car station Mir.

World. 3500 m.

Monument "To the Heroes of Defense Priehlbrusja»

Clouds covered top of Elbrus

On one of the snowcat, we now go to the "Shelter 11". The cost of the trip "only" 500 rubles per person. on benches placed behind 10 people. for the season, you can become a millionaire ...

Shelter 11. 4200 m. A relatively strong wind and big cloudiness was not given to shoot ...

people went back. Shipping is free on any ago snowcat ..))

Climbers HEROES ... I would say. climb very difficult ...

Learning to ride the best here. Very wide track, the lack of a large amount of people, very gentle slopes and a large layer of snow create all conditions ...

We're going down. Clouds already less

Very nice ..)))

mountain shelter "Barrels". 3750 m. Here tourists can pass before climbing acclimatization, as well as relax after the descent from the summit of Mount Elbrus. Here there is a chairlift with st.Mir. But there I was not able to ride.

The same chairlift

That came back to st.Mir

Get down on the horizon

and in the bottom of the glade Azau

Right below some psycho on a bike. Rubber usual (I saw him then closer) I do not know how it went down, the snow was not very much, sometimes rolled-in ice ...

Frozen waterfall

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting