Soviet hotel on the post-Soviet space

He writes zizis:

I do not devote a separate post to hotels, but these are well worth it.
One hotel is located in the new city of Naberezhnye Chelny, the largest in the city and housing scattered across several complexes. We were not really prepared to address the specifics of homes in Chelny was not easy to find chislodrobchislo. First there was the belief that this House and the housing The second is in Kizel, in the Perm region. It was found with difficulty and almost by accident.

29 ph

Let's start with Chelny. This is the main entrance to our body, but he is from the yard. At night, of course, the tablet can not be read, and generally with bad lighting. Rescued protected paid parking nearby. And outside the gates of a large courtyard with a former fountain, stairs, doors and a bunch of pretty loud thumps company local teenagers. Lighting is still no.
Moving according to intuition, I stared at the opposite wall, as it turned out in the morning, was located near the entrance to the hotel restaurant (also a dining room and a cafe). Coming in from the perimeter of the building, I met with the company (they also did not know where the entrance) and found some locked door on the left of the entrance to the courtyard corner. That's her! At the sound of the door opened and let us into the belly of a sweltering building.

At the bottom of a spacious reception with a friendly zaspanoy administrator. Rooms about US $ 100 per person per night. Look at the mansion.

The architect moved away from standard doors in the wall. ie Of course the door in the wall, but the wall with the door perpendicular to the corridor. It eliminates the opportunity to get the door to his forehead. Yes, and in a drunken state it is much easier to navigate.

The truth is not all numbers can be accessed without a key, but again have legs, you can always knock.

One room for two people. In fact, quite comfortable. Private big room with a bed, always took the form of an average human body, a wardrobe and a desk. And a sufficient number of outlets.

Every room in the kitchen. Stove, refrigerator, table, cupboards. I used to live here was ...

Separate bathroom. And separate from the mind.

In one branch of the toilet and wash basin ...

... Another shower. It seems to me, it is very convenient and practical.

Engineering thought and then you will not be bored. Hot water is constantly, though not in the tap. And if you open the valve and turn on the cold water - the effect is so unpredictable that even becomes fun. You can ask the hostess and a thermometer to experiment.

Is it possible to conduct experiments with electricity. These funny periodically sparks appear ...

Logic puzzles want poreshat? What is the internal telephone number at 401? You think "401"? No, "123". And 402? "402" or "124"? Nea ...

But the task of survival. We are in room 217. According to the plan of evacuation, we have to run down the hall and down the main stairs, but in order to avoid crowding in the case of fire can turn to the left and out the door to run to another ladder, go down to the floor below and calmly looting in the restaurant to go on the other side.

But FIG. To the left of our door too door. And do not beat on it in case of fire. Firstly, the keys at the reception, and secondly, it is not clear how the glass should be hit. The doors painted plywood.

Even I do not know what prompted me to write thoughts about this hotel. It is typical of the post-Soviet space, living furniture, repairs and personnel even twenty- twenty-five years ago. It's really not a bad hotel, I was in much worse conditions. Probably just do not understand the reluctance of the administration to change something.

Here is another hotel of the Soviet type. It is located in a zone of economic depression, the capital KizBassa, city Kizel.

After the closure of mines in the city is very difficult to find a job, neighboring villages are dying out at all. In town for fifteen years as a delegation and stopped coming at all any group of "tourists". However, in order accommodation in renovated bathrooms.

Model number. The bedroom for two seats and a large room, something like a room with a TV, a sofa and a table. The room has a shower, toilet and sink.

Touching dressing immediately engaged me a job. What is surprising in the taps have hot water constantly. And it is normal color and smell.

They say that somewhere on the second floor has a suite. But it is very expensive, almost three and a half thousand. Not the pocket.

Visitors can play Russian billiards. $ 100 Party.

Or negotiate with a cup of tea, watching the fish in the aquarium.

The kitchen is shared with the entire hotel. But since we were the first and the only visitors for a few weeks - is quite tolerable.

And if you have dirty laundry can be washed yourself or ask your administrator. All the amenities.

These are two different hotels of the Soviet type. One in a prosperous and growing city Kamaz, and the second in the capital of the unemployed miners.

Again, this is not the most interesting places where I had to spend the night. For example, in Chusovoy we stayed in an ordinary brothel. And characteristically, hotel room cost 2500 per person, and the number of brothel 600 rubles for two without additional services in the form of human warmth. True numbers should be chosen meticulously, one stank so that as many eyes has cut remembered the film "Four Rooms" with a corpse a prostitute under the mattress ...

Share your life experience. What kind of hotel / lodging in the most memorable trips or trips? What's funny was happening to you or your companions? The stories, pictures, links and other flood welcome!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting