He dropped the backpack from his shoulders and prepared for camera

Writes a naturalist, photographer and blogger Alexei Bezrukov:

Bear woke up the snow-covered banks of a small river, listening to the new sounds unfamiliar steps. Once a person, and it was I walked past toed across the river. When he saw the beast coming, I stopped, dropped the backpack from his shoulders and prepared the camera. Bear in vnyuhivalsya thoughtfully traces my snowshoes. Bent nose to the ground like a dog, he went on the trail towards me. The fact of my presence does not bother him.

4 photo + letter

The Beast, his nose buried in the trail, approaching, and soon the distance between us became more uncomfortable. Still, do not fall, and the bear is hardly fed. I went up to the knee and prepared falshveyer.

Seeing me in full growth, the animal paused in indecision, then took a step back. After standing a little in front, I decided to go for the wind to catch my scent. I walked from one side. I walked on the other. His mood was playful, and he seems in no hurry. During his rounds, he is easily distracted, lying on the snow. Bending to her bush and playfully biting the tips of slender branches, it looked like they sprung back. Sometimes, I am trying to get close to me, not daring yet at excessively short distance. Sometimes, I am approaching the bear myself, too, being careful not to step over the line unspoken. We were both equally interesting and scary.

So we spent about an hour together. Suddenly, the bear smelled something. And, abruptly changed direction, went on a curious bunch.

I watched with interest from the side, and knowing that it apparently caught the smell of a backpack and hurried him to return and occupy a favorable position to shoot.

Not often bears meet on the way hiking backpacks without tourists.

Rather briskly beast approached him about ten meters, and ... hiding. Ahead lay something not very large, but also not to say that very little. That something could be on closer inspection by anyone, and fraught with great danger. However, with the same degree of probability that something may be something very interesting and even enjoyable ... Bear made careful steps to a backpack after each listening carefully and looking into what is happening.

In three or four meters from the backpack he began hesitantly, shifting from foot to foot. Apparently fearing that the sleeping bag, and may at any time to wake up, he decided to make some noise a bit, hitting the front of the front legs and loudly breaking the crust. With each jump, he carefully looked into the rucksack, tracking down any signs of life. Determined to finally get closer to a backpack, he suddenly hesitated could shrink to then, overcame fear, once again surrender to the power of burning curiosity.

Finally, approaching the backpack close, by all means leaning back, you never know what he stretched out a paw and claws saaaamym tip, I tried to touch. Having barely touched the tip of the claw chunk backpack, he hastily pulled his paw. Pausing again decided to repeat his brave act. This time he touched a little backpack and backpack bolder move. Jumping, bear immediately bounced a meter to one side. Going up, just in case, on the other side, toed continued research. Accustomed that a stranger may be safely touch the subject, he became its sniff already wrinkling his nose touching the fabric. From the depths of a backpack it was supposed to smell like a warm jacket, tripod, wide-angle lens, for which there was no place in my old coffer; however, convinced that the greatest fragrance exuded scattered handful of nuts and caramel.

Continuing to examine ourselves and backpack, the bear tried to stamp on it by pushing it with his paw. I watched patiently, knowing that the lens is in the opposite shock compartment, but he could stand and bend ....

Provocation, in any case, the two lips, as if touching something very hot, bear teeth gently took one strap on the backpack straps and gently pulled.

Since nothing terrible had happened, he became bolder grab a backpack and all horse, I had to forget about taking pictures as the bear grabbed my new backpack, dragged him away.

Banish him twenty meters, I forced him to leave luggage. Ran a little way off, the bear turned around. Somewhere I have seen such a sight. Oh yes, just looked at me with one of my friends rosomashka when I took from her his ski!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting