Dzhipni - Philippine storm roads!

Writes leeloo-ok ^

About this wonderful invention Filipino drivers certainly says anyone who had visited the island in the magic country!
And this time, for some reason I do not want to be original ...
So I'll make a minute, and I contribute to the world ...
dzhipnivedenie I wonder if there is such a science?
Well, no - it means to be !!!

So, get acquainted - the storm Philippine roads - dzhipni !!!

I'm sure the first picture is difficult to understand what it so special and what distinguishes it from the usual jeep ...
And if you look at it from a different angle?
A bit like a cross between a jeep with a taxi, is not it?

The fact that at a time when US troops were holding their military bases on Philippine territory, they have accumulated a lot of old dilapidated jeep they were in no hurry to throw away - and gave nimble Filipinos who have found great use for them!

Podrazobrali sensitive, we attached a long body - and rrraz - preotlichneyshy carriage ready for use !!! Why not a taxi?

I must say that even the word jeepney (jeepney) hinted at his destination.
Jeep - well, he and the Philippines jeep and jifney - taxi ...
By simple manipulation of syllables and get the jeepney - Jeep, transformed into a minibus and a bit elongated to increase passenger capacity!

Speaking of design capacity!
Do not forget that we are still in Asia - and this means that limits the number of people who can carry dzhipni per unit of time, simply do not exist!
After all, they are always windows, roof rails and footboard!

And, of course, to the design of their favorites Filipinos came from all Asians inherent creativity and imagination !!! Paint, painted, pasted all sorts of shiny things !!! Truth be told, that can not be met in Manila two identical dzhipni!
And them there sooo much, believe me! Subjects drawings and inscriptions are not limited by anything other than skill and ingenuity of the owner, but it is still dominated by the theme of cowboys, race, and religion toon.

Love drivers to their offspring is so great that every year in Manila even passes a special Carnival - "King jeepney", which selected the most colorful and original jeepney !!!
That would see him - even eye!

In general, we talk about these beauties can be very long ... But it is better - just enjoy! Moreover, it is desirable from the outside, because inside is usually quite crowded and hot (due to continuous standing in traffic jams) and private space is reduced almost to zero (all the same we are in Asia - and here people like to be closer to each other !;) But to admire side and the truth is endless ...

You can argue themselves hoarse about the horrors and thrash Manila, its crime and ambiguous night life ... But one thing is for sure - for this wonderful crowd jeepney on the streets she can forgive a lot!

via

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting