Missile cruiser "Varyag"

44th Red Banner Brigade anti-submarine ships of the Pacific Fleet Russia is located in the center of Vladivostok, close to the seaport, in front of the headquarters of the fleet. We stand side by side walls of four large anti-submarine ship Project 1155. From these ships are sent on duty in the Gulf of Aden, which protect merchant ships from pirates.

To the right of the four BOD is a floating hospital "Irtysh", and the left - the flagship of the Pacific Fleet, the Guards missile cruiser "Varyag".
23 Photo © drugoi

01. Project 1164.1 missile cruiser "Red Ukraine" founded the plant named after 61 Communards in Nikolaev July 31, 1979 (serial number 2010), November 5, 1982 enrolled in the lists of ships of the Soviet Navy, launched on 28 August 1983, entered service December 25, 1989, and Feb. 28, 1990 included in the Pacific Fleet. After the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Russian cruiser got in 1996 at the initiative of the crew of the ship was named "Varyag" - in honor of the famous protected cruisers 1st Pacific Squadron of the Russian Navy, battle party at Chemulpo 1904

The main weapon of the cruiser - self-guided cruise missiles complex P-1000 "Volcano". Missile launchers CM-248 are located on the sides of the ship, look very impressive and it "Varyag" is easily distinguished from other ships. Cruisers 1164 project is called "aircraft carrier killer" - in fact, for that they were created.

Impressive action scheme missiles - after salvo from one side all eight rockets after the disclosure of the wings form a single group, "wolf pack" with the leader - separately flying missile, which leads the entire group on the target, it adjusts the rate for the remaining missiles, dropping them information. When approaching the goal of leading the missile chooses the large object (aircraft carrier), sends him one of the missiles from so-called "Spetsboepripasov" and divides the rest among the other objects missiles "flock." All include missile seeker and strike at targets. Weight of one missile - almost five tons, speed of flight - about 2900 km / h. The chance to stay afloat after being hit by a rocket ship from enemy no. If the lead time to bring down a missile, in its place stands the other, it is exactly the same. The attack takes place without the participation of the crew by the "shot - forgot." Interestingly, all of this - the beginning of the technology of the 70s.

02. Introduction to the "Varyag" begins with the prosaic sacks of cabbage and carrot. Beside BOD "Admiral Panteleyev" going to march to the coast of Africa and the loads to a supply of products.

03. In the long sea trips leaving and stocking all necessary seriously. This is only a small part of the drinking water, which is loaded into the holds of a warship.

04. Accompanying the officer advised me not to use a mobile phone, "If your smartphone is better off and it can burn." I do not believe it, but just in case shut. The ship has a full range of complex radar equipment MP-152 "Ring" for the detection of radio and radar work stations, homing missiles, their direction finding and suppression. Maybe, in the words of the officer and it was a definite reason.

05. In tank "Varyag" is the AK-130 - the ship's automatic gun. Shoot high-explosive shells at a rate of 90 rounds per minute and a range of up to 23 kilometers. Fully automatic - operates independently as long until the end of ammunition. They say that has no analogues in the world. That-that, and the fact that we were able to shoot to do. With consumer goods had a problem, but the guns were always excellent. AK-130 - is no exception.

Initial ekskizah spacecraft launchers was 12 (six per side), and instead of one twin single-barrel gun had two A-100. In 1972, the Admiral Gorshkov ordered to add another four launchers for two full eight-rocket volley, and two AK-100 replacing one dvuhstvolny AK-130. The ship has become much harder to reduce the speed and ammunition artillery (720 shots against 2000).

06. In spite of the modern means of communication, a system of signal flags remain in the fleet of boats for the basic communication. In the Navy Russian Navy used a set of signals of the USSR. 32 signal flags correspond to the letters of the Russian alphabet: Lead - "The course leads to the danger of" lives - "Give the average course of" Q - "Discovered mine," etc. In this picture - a place signalman aboard the cruiser. The metal box are warning flags that necessarily climb to the vertical Falah yard. To the left of the box - black "running balls", which represent the sea speed of the ship. The lower is "ball" - the higher the rate. By the way, "Varyag" could go at a speed of 32 knots. When he goes as fast breaker at the stern - a height of ten meters.

07. "What is there Krasnenkoe turning blue?". On the wall - silhouettes of ships and aircraft of Russia and NATO countries. Tip for a signalman, who watches the world go by ship.

08. This pilot house of the ship. Hence, they run under everyday conditions. Deck connected to the combat information center CICS "Sawyer 1164" commanding lift.

09. Place the commander of the cruiser "Varyag", Guard Captain 1st Rank Eduard Moskalenko.

10. It is true and everything is reminiscent of the 70s. Such safe-iron. "Warm tube sound." I tried hard not to photograph anything secret, but go and make out, where is that.

11. "Tovs" - phrases like these navy. Jack, bitt, tweendeck, south-west, Cummings, stern-post, binnacle - all smell the salty sea wind and waves unspeakably.

12. Shifts dispersed to places of work. Kavtarangi puzzled: "What would you unclassified this show?". We agreed on some screen №22. Sailor Renat from Bashkiria operator sat down and began to press the button, the monitor will turn - to represent activity on the line of duty. It looked quite significantly.

13. The same Renat, nevovremya caught the eye of the officers revived a space ship library, pretending that parses who came on board the mail. Library good. A small but everything is there. In general, the "Varyag" is quite a comfortable vehicle. Wardroom paneling, hang paintings, rugs on the floor. There is a pool with a waterfall, spa showers, a large steam room and sauna. In residential air conditioning cabins, the ship has four air cooling plants.

14. Walk on the cruiser - a long passages of endless corridors and sudden descents and climbs a vertical ladder. In the fourth compartment, we all go down below, where the forecastle. Weapons, of course, interesting, but I wanted to see how the sailors lived on one of the most powerful cruisers in the world.

15. On the competition for the best cabin can be seen, for example, that Kubrick №14, who scored a bolt on a match in December, was, apparently, a great star from commanders and then became advanced, not falling below the assessment "four".

16. So rest the night shift in the model is now cockpit №14. I have a couple of seconds, opened the door and took a few pictures of sleeping sailors.

17. In the next cabin sailor wrote something important in the magazine. Next to it is screwed to the table cell with the parrot. The parrot was on the ground and rested.

18. holiest missile cruiser - galley. The ceilings are low and the sailor with a rag in his hand, leading the order, went head bent, which gave his view of the sad figure. Nearby, two other sailors began to open cans a simple knife, for which he immediately received a scolding from the officers accompanying me. Everything must be perfect for someone else's eyes, I understand.

19. Ship kote - an indispensable accessory of any warship for rodent control. Or, as they say here, "proteins". Seals and vital cables in a metal sheath - these are the conditions of coexistence of humans and rodents. Cats on the ship somewhat, they give birth to one warhead. Cats cruiser "Varyag" are popular with guests in the various countries where the ship comes. Sometimes they are presented - one of the ship's cat now lives in the Orthodox Church in Singapore. My mother, they say, was happy to have such a gift. One was presented to the local admiral in Indonesia.

20. I wanted to take one lifebuoy on memory.

21. We had lunch with the officers, and talked, and then moved into the working quarters, there is still talk. I did not want to leave, but time was running out - they have, and I have. As he left, he took a few more pictures on the deck of the "Varyag" and on the beach.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting